Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car wont start, nothing works like battery is dead but really isnt. (Weird) Read on..

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start, nothing works like battery is dead but really isnt. (Weird) Read on..

Ok so I park and turn off my car today to run into work for a quick 5 minutes to get something. I come back to my car and try to start it...nothing works like theres no battery or something. I decide to try and pop start the car and it works.

So I drive around a little and turn it off and try to start it again. Same thing happens, I turn the key and nothing happens. No gauge cluster lights, no fuel pump primeing, nothing.

So I pop the hood and wiggle the battery wires and ground wires while pressing the arm and unarm buttons on my alarm. Eventually I hear a "beep" from my alarm. So Im thinking something must have been lose. I get back in my car and turn the key to accessory. CD player turns on, fuel pump primes, all is normal. I try and start the car. Nothing. THEN when I try to put it in accessory, nothing works now! I repeated popping the hood and wiggling the wires, got the alarm beeping, tryed again, exact same thing happend. Anyone have any idea what the deuce is going on?? ANY help is greatly apriciated.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car wont start, nothing works like battery is dead but really isnt. (Weird) Read on.. (WHACK EG4

well is your alarm hooked to disable the car to me could be short in wrirng but could be bad alarm brain
Old 06-19-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Car wont start, nothing works like battery is dead but really isnt. (Weird) Read on.. (WHACK EG4

i had a similar problem with mine once after i replaced the battery terminals. basically the new terminals were painted where the cables made contact, hence bad connection. scraped the paint away and worked fine. funny thing was that the terminals were on for 3-4 days with no problems before this happened.

if you have access to a digital multimeter, use it to check resistance and continuity where the cables touch the terminals, and the terminals to the battery
Old 06-19-2005, 10:51 AM

Nah I'd doubt that. Take off the battery terminals and clean them down good, replace them if they seem loose or worn, then check the oposite end of the ground going to the frame clean that too if need be and tighten it, clean it if its loose. Same thing for the positive going to the fuse box.

Should take car of it right away. If not him me up I'll help you out some more.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome thanks guys. Ill check it out.

No one thinks my alarm is ******* up and causing the problem??
Old 06-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bumppppp