Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

car won't start......no spark! no sound from fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car won't start......no spark! no sound from fuel pump

hi i have a 92 civic si and it worked all fine up until it rained last week......it was very cold that night and the next day my car wouldn't start up (i dunno if that has anything to do with it though......)
anywho...i checked my fuel pump and relay and when i bypass the relay the fuel pump would turn on but once i put the relay back on and turn the ignition to 2 then i don't hear the fuel pump........i don't think that's the problem though cause i spent the last few days reading threads and i find out that if there is fuel pressure or fuel in the injectors or something like that then the ecu will not turn on the fuel pump........so i guess thats it for that........

i put a voltimeter on my spark plug wire and crank it and there's no jump in the voltage so i'm assuming there's no spark.......i changed the ignition coil......i changed the ignitor and i don't think there's anything wrong with the cap and rotor or wires or plugs........still doesn't work......i took off the distributor and um.....i was wondering how u know if the distributor is bad just by looking at it? the cranking part of the distributor looks okay.....i dunno what else to do............
oh yah and i already checked all my fuses and they're all fine......besides the ignitor and the coil........does anything else in the distributor go bad? should i just get a new one? does anybody have one for sale? yah? help!

u can also AIM me at JOLTON49 or email me at JolToN49@yahoo.com

thanks everyone!
Old 11-20-2002, 11:30 AM

Default Re: car won't start......no spark! no sound from fuel pump (JolToN49)

Check to see if there's actual spark. Take out a plug and crank it to see if there's spark. Also, the pump SHOULD turn on no matter what...If theres no spark in the plugs, then you've found your problem. If there's no fuel going to the motor, you've also found your problem.

Make sure your car isn't flooded with fuel after all that cranking.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:39 AM

Default Re: car won't start......no spark! no sound from fuel pump (AlteezaThug)

Install some spark plugs and JDM Racing Wires, you can get them at Walmart, If that doesnt Work get some blue headlamps.
Shut the **** up. People come on this board to ask for help or find out information and then dumb **** ***** like you post in every thread with rice comments. What a waste of your life. Grow up and move on stupid **** ****. Go back to Superhonda or Club Si where you came from and take your "alteeza"s back with you **** face. Honda-Tech doesn't need low lives like you wasting our time.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:41 AM

Default Re: car won't start......no spark! no sound from fuel pump (AlteezaThug)

Install some spark plugs and JDM Racing Wires, you can get them at Walmart, If that doesnt Work get some blue headlamps.
Why aren't you banned yet!?