Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car Won't Start i searched for 2weeks on here

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Won't Start i searched for 2weeks on here

i have a 93 honda civic hatch. car was in an accident i macked a police car head on. not my fault. but me and my boys bent frame up and rebuilt front end and put a new motor in just a stock d16y7 i had laying around in my garage. we put everything back together and tryed to start car but jus kept cranking no start. so i changed out my wire harness because my old one was hacked i bought my boys b16 wire harness off him and everything plugs up right so tryed that and still no start... i got spark and fuel is getting to the rail . i thought maybe fuel pump so i changed that and no go . so i changed fuel filter and no go. my boys were tell'n me since the SRS light was on it might not work so i put a new air bag in it and car srs turned off so tryed that no go. umm. if you spray starting fluid in intake manifold car starts and then dies. so i had the town honda mechanic come over and he got it started and idled erratically but pcv was leaking fixed that and car only idles like that until warmed up. eventually car would start after major key cranking and stepping on the gas like maybe 5 to ten minutes of doing that and car would start so i thought injectors so i changed them to the ones you jus plug in and now car wont start they have the green tip instead of brown. ummm... i dont know how to check the injectors to see if there spraying or spraying right... please anyone if you have any suggestions let me know i havent drove car in 4 months im miss'n my honda i got my dads POS saab. thanks to all oh and also when we had car started if i pressed the gas just a little bit it would start the idle problem again and then eventually die but only if i slightly pressed gas and kept foot on it if you have any suggestions on that. also, im think'n about changin injectors back but dunno if i can test them let me know. only get 5 posts a day on trial so had to type all
Old 03-11-2008, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Car Won't Start i searched for 2weeks on here (ChinQuee)

also changed dizzy and plugs and wires but have old plugs back in it my boys usin the new ones and new starter. dont know what it could be please HELP!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:50 AM
roe

since it seems youre just throwing parts at it....have you tried a different (known good) ecu? are you even sure there is nothing wrong with the engine? how long was it just sitting? is the fuel pump turning on?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Car Won't Start i searched for 2weeks on here (roe)

first off thank you for the reply. umm i tried my boys p06 ecu and no go but my p28 i have in the car throws a check engine its something in the ecu but my old d15 still ran on the CEL the boy i bought the block off said it ran 'n' i know him 'n' where he lives so i know he wouldnt sell me a beat motor. the fuel pump i can hear priming and when the car was started the pump stayed on i could hear it constantly ... the car would start and run i didnt drive it though my boy got my axle. i dont know since the cr started that means the motors good right?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChinQuee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first off thank you for the reply. umm i tried my boys p06 ecu and no go but my p28 i have in the car throws a check engine its something in the ecu but my old d15 still ran on the CEL the boy i bought the block off said it ran 'n' i know him 'n' where he lives so i know he wouldnt sell me a beat motor. the fuel pump i can hear priming and when the car was started the pump stayed on i could hear it constantly ... the car would start and run i didnt drive it though my boy got my axle. i dont know since the cr started that means the motors good right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

not necessarily...it could be on its last leg. yeah it will start but it could be trying to lock up is why it dies. but idk exactly...this is weird but it seems like its not getting enough fuel to keep it running. have you done a compression check?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:27 AM

dont get it wrong the car still wont start now though if you read my top post it says car would eventually start but changed the injectors and car wont start now it was hard getting the car to start with the old injectors and so i changed them umm i dunno what to do... i wanna know a good way to test the injectors got tese ones out the junk yard out of a 97 honda so had to change the clips as well as put these injectors into my old rail to fit on my intake manifold have the 95 intake manifold on the car.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 AM

i need to do a compression check how do i do that and what readings should i get? this is prolly my last post only 5 a day and this is five umm please any help would be appreciated i will be checking all day damn these 5 posts.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:08 PM

i would put the ecu thats throwing a cel code and check what that code is telling you idk.....that might help
Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2204429

Read. Search better next time. Good luck with your car, hope it runs soon! Searching will get you thru %90 of your problems, and the other %10 you will probably solve then by making threads Bye!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had a similar problem with my y7 in my 95 coupe. i replaced the distributor and then you have to adjust it to where the old one was and after a little adjusting and tirals i got it to start and you have to let it run for a little bit to clear all the bad fuel and stuff you have been puming in there then take it for a spin and see how she runs mine runs great now! just like ChinQuee said replace dizzy and hopefully it will be fixed good luck man!