Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car Won't Start... Can you solve this one HT???

Old 11-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Won't Start... Can you solve this one HT???

93 civic ex w/ a type R swap

car cranks over when it wants to. when it doesn't crank over the check engine light dims out and nothing works. usually you get in the car turn the key and you hear this click sound after the 2 beeps. however in our case you hear the 2 beeps but you don't hear the click and the cel stays on. seems like nothing is working. very weird never encountered this. anybody ever have this problem? i have a feeling it could be a ground or something electrical since the cel dims out and it seems like nothing is getting power. let me know guys.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 11-05-2006, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Car Won't Start... Can you solve this one HT??? (brixity)

this could be numerous problems do the following

-check all grounds
-make sure battery is good, and make sure the terminals are making good connection

Also i need some more insight on exactly what you did so far, is it a usdm type r and exactly what kind of motor is it. is your fuel pump primering? what ecu r u running? Please be more specific on what you attempted, Thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Car Won't Start... Can you solve this one HT??? (93(Civic)EG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93(Civic)EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also i need some more insight on exactly what you did so far, is it a usdm type r and exactly what kind of motor is it. is your fuel pump primering? what ecu r u running? Please be more specific on what you attempted, Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, we're not mind readers..
Old 11-05-2006, 10:52 AM

check the grounds.. thermostat housing, valve cover, battery.. try to jump it and see what happens..
Also, you can check to see what codes you have since the CEL stays on..
Check connections on the starter..
That second click is when the fuel pump stops priming thats when the CEL goes off from Check mode.. the click is from the main relay so you might want to check that too..
Old 11-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey jimmy go blow a goat!

as for the rest trying to help and not have smart comments. when i first started i tried to figure out why it wouldn't start so checked the basics. air, fuel, spark. air its getting but fuel it wasn't. replaced the fuel pump and it cranked over. which after trying to fix for quite some time i realized that it probably wasn't even the pump since when the cel light dims out nothing really works not even the fule pump primes. thought problem was solved but then the cel light dimming stuff began. the thing is sometimes it will come back and you'll hear the click and the car will start no problem. checked for spark and it was getting that but changed the plugs and wires anyway. it cranked but then again the cel light dimmed and it wouldn't crank. checked the grounds and nothing. when the car starts its fine but then after driving it out of nowhere it will start bogging and cut off. once it cuts off the cel goes to dim again. i haven't checked the battery yet which i'm going to do tomorrow and i questioned the main relay but i don't have an extra one to compare it to. firing order is fine and timing is fine. the car has a ctr ecu w/ a obd1 to obd2b jumper harness which has been working just fine for about 2 years. any more info guys let me know.

Modified by brixity at 3:53 PM 11/5/2006
Old 11-05-2006, 11:28 AM

check the battery and alternator to make sure it is charging.. thought it sounds to me like a bad connection or even a funky ignition
Old 11-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (brixity)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brixity &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey jimmy go blow a goat!

as for the rest trying to help and not have smart comments. when i first started i tried to figure out why it wouldn't start so checked the basics. air, fuel, spark. air its getting but fuel it wasn't. replaced the fuel pump and it cranked over. which after trying to fix for quite some time i realized that it probably wasn't even the pump since when the cel light dims out nothing really works not even the fule pump primes. thought problem was solved but then the cel light dimming stuff began. the thing is sometimes it will come back and you'll hear the click and the car will start no problem. checked for spark and it was getting that but changed the plugs and wires anyway. it cranked but then again the cel light dimmed and it wouldn't crank. checked the grounds and nothing. when the car starts its fine but then after driving it out of nowhere it will start bogging and cut off. once it cuts off the cel goes to dim again. i haven't checked the battery yet which i'm going to do tomorrow and i questioned the main relay but i don't have an extra one to compare it to. firing order is fine and timing is fine. the car has a ctr ecu w/ a obd1 to obd2b jumper harness which has been working just fine for about 2 years. any more info guys let me know.

Modified by brixity at 3:53 PM 11/5/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

expletive you, no one here is a ******* mind reader, you make a post that has NO details.. How is anyone suppossed to even remotely help you if we have no ******* idea what's going on..

/yourself.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:52 PM

Default Re: (Jimmy)

Like a bunch of people said: Check the wireing connections through out the entire starting/charging system.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:58 PM

grounds
Old 11-06-2006, 08:59 PM

u should get a ground kit
Old 11-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Won't Start... Can you solve this one HT??? (turbospec03)

main relay

/thread
Old 06-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (brixity)

Originally Posted by Jimmy
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brixity &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey jimmy go blow a goat!

Modified by brixity at 3:53 PM 11/5/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

expletive you, no one here is a ****ing mind reader, you make a post that has NO details.. How is anyone suppossed to even remotely help you if we have no ****ing idea what's going on..

/yourself.
I'm baaaack!!!! Jimmy, go blow a goat!

J/k man. We fixed this issue a long time ago and have since then sold the car is anyone is wondering. It just miraculously started running fine again. Very strange.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Won't Start... Can you solve this one HT???

I know you solved it... I just want to say this for anyone having the same problem. It sounds like the ignition switch is going south.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dam yall brought this thread from the dead.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow that reply was 3 years in the making hahaha