Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car won't start, battery slowly being drained...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:49 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start, battery slowly being drained...

Hello, I don't regularly post situations up but I'm in desperate need of some help. I'll give it in full detail on my step by step actions in what I did....

Here's the story...

On a cool breezy night, I blew a hole through one of my exhaust valves causing my 95' Civic Ex Coupe to be disabled.... November 19, 2009 was the day I took the head over to the local machine shop to get a good ol' valve job. When I got the head back a week later, I immediately put everything together and it started up. Although the car started, I noticed that the annoying fluctuating that I've been dealing with, even before the exhaust valve incident occurred was still present. (NOTE) After adjusting the tps sensor to the correct volt readings, the civic was idling rough and I wanted to change the timing belt, but couldn't because the crank bolt was stubborn. So I just gave my full attention to make sure the timing belt and distributor was timed to perfection..... hmm... But then this is where the trouble really started... She fired up but kept dying and we had to keep fiddling with the idle screw, tps, and the distributor to keep her alive.... After awhile, I was frustrated so I took a break. This was a big mistake cause I completely got side tracked for a whole two days and didn't know I left the damn radio on.... It's now mid-December and I've got the battery charged up... I try to start her, but she just cranks but won't start.... I got spark in the plugs and fuel is getting through just fine... SoOoOo I changed the Main Relay.. I was confident it would work! but it didn't and also realized MY BATTERY IS BEING DRAINED VERY SLOWLY soo.... Now it's January 28, 2010 (HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY)... The summary of my problems are: (1) She cranks but won't start (2) Something keeps draining my battery below 12 volts (3) I'm broke and kinda hungry

And there you have it. Here's what I think what's going wrong from greatest to least.

1.) I need to change my timing belt
2.) I have an electronic problem but can't pinpoint a fuse or ground that is shorting...
3.) I need to replace my ECU
4.) My crank sensor is dead
5.) My civic hates me...
6.) Engine is flooded
7.) ..........actually that's all I got

So what I hope to get is some good advice and opinions... PLEASE HELP

Thanks for taking the time to read this....
Old 01-28-2010, 09:55 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car won't start, battery slowly being drained...

btw, I have a 1.5 Vtec D15B JDM Motor