Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car won't move???? And I searched

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't move???? And I searched

Ok here's the skinny... I pulled my D16Y7 from my 97 del sol... it sat for a couple of weeks maybe months...

Then I put the complete swap (engine, tranny, shift linkage etc..) into a 94 del sol and when I put it into gear it doesn't move. If I put it into either 2,3,4 or 5th and keep pressure on the shifter the speedo moves as if I was driving.

Now I know the tranny is good cause' It came out of my car and it was running... I'm confused... any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Shane

**********EDIT**********

Found the problem... I pulled the driver side axle and replaced it with another one I had and it went in even further then the last... That was the problem... I thought that the car would have at least limped or something but I guess not... So the problem was that the axle didn't completely seat in the tranny... Thanks for everyones help!

Shane

Modified by RICE POLICE SIP at 11:04 PM 3/7/2007
Old 03-06-2007, 08:30 PM
sal
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car won't move???? And I searched (RICE POLICE SIP)

This might be stupid questions, but your description of the problem was slightly vauge. Are there axles in the car lol? Did you take the motor off the trans at all while it was sitting? Did you mess with the clutch? Did you check the shift linkage to make sure its properly getting into gear?

Modified by sal at 12:41 AM 3/7/2007
Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car won't move???? And I searched (sal)

i say make sure the axles are <U>all</U> the way in
Old 03-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car won't move???? And I searched (2wheelhunter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This might be stupid questions, but your description of the problem was slightly vauge. Are there axles in the car lol? Did you take the motor off the trans at all while it was sitting? Did you mess with the clutch? Did you check the shift linkage to make sure its properly getting into gear?

Modified by sal at 12:41 AM 3/7/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry I was vauge... LOL But no I didn't take the tranny off the engine.. I just pulled it as a whole and installed it as a whole... And I was wondering about the shift linkage but you really can't mess that up right... I mean i've done several swaps before but this is a first for me.... LOL

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2wheelhunter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i say make sure the axles are <U>all</U> the way in </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was also wondering about that... I know for a fact that the Pass. side is all the way in but I did question the Driver side.. If it's not all the way in could that cause' my problem?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:06 PM

that could cause the problem..make sure you have a shift linkage though that is for your application swap..otherwise that could also be the problem...get like a smale 2x4 and a 2lbs sledge hammer..just to double check if there in there...you will beable to tell if it seats all the way...
Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car won't move???? And I searched (b16nonoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16nonoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that could cause the problem..make sure you have a shift linkage though that is for your application swap..otherwise that could also be the problem...get like a smale 2x4 and a 2lbs sledge hammer..just to double check if there in there...you will beable to tell if it seats all the way...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The shift linkage is the stock one from my 97 Del sol... Damn it... I did seperate them though when I transfered over the short shifter... I'm gonna have to look at that... FACK!!! LOL
Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 AM

It might be your double wishbone front end suspension with the torsion control arm fogger. I had that one go out on my sick modded civic doke veetak earlier this year . Snapped it off in a 2.5 lateral g turn while running the BFGoodrich TA KD tires on a trail basis for them as a company. Just rip off the unpainted body kit on there and take a look at it. if it is bent then get a new one. but i snapped mine to all hell in that turn while auto crossing in so cal.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1.6LitreDokeVeetak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.6LitreDokeVeetak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It might be your double wishbone front end suspension with the torsion control arm fogger. I had that one go out on my sick modded civic doke veetak earlier this year . Snapped it off in a 2.5 lateral g turn while running the BFGoodrich TA KD tires on a trail basis for them as a company. Just rip off the unpainted body kit on there and take a look at it. if it is bent then get a new one. but i snapped mine to all hell in that turn while auto crossing in so cal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What a douchebag...
Old 03-07-2007, 07:51 AM

Check your thowout bearing.......just a thought
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RICE POLICE SIP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The shift linkage is the stock one from my 97 Del sol... Damn it... I did seperate them though when I transfered over the short shifter... I'm gonna have to look at that... FACK!!! LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

well if your shift linkages were in wrong, you wouldnt have a speed sensor reading. If your linkages were in wrong, it wouldnt go into gear. If you rev your car when its out of gear...you wont get a speedo reading.

The speed sensor works from the DIFF ring gear. So your diff is moving, but your axles/wheels arent. So its something AFTER the diff. Check your axles.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.6LitreDokeVeetakDUMBASSSUMBITCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It might be your double wishbone front end suspension with the torsion control arm fogger. I had that one go out on my sick modded civic doke veetak earlier this year . Snapped it off in a 2.5 lateral g turn while running the BFGoodrich TA KD tires on a trail basis for them as a company. Just rip off the unpainted body kit on there and take a look at it. if it is bent then get a new one. but i snapped mine to all hell in that turn while auto crossing in so cal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the useful info. Dumbass! If you're going to give some stupid *** answer then at least try to make it believable... Douche!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:39 AM

You just can't handle the JDM lingo obviously... no but seriously check and make sure your cv axels are connected.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.6LitreDokeVeetakRETARD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You just can't handle the JDM lingo obviously... no but seriously check and make sure your cv axels are connected.</TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously stop posting you've already been reported
Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (2wheelhunter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2wheelhunter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

seriously stop posting you've already been reported</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol wow....nobody has a sense of humor....including the guy who posted the "jdm lingo" in the 1st place.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B serious)

any other ideas?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RICE POLICE SIP)

bleed your clutch and make sure your speed sensor plug is REALLY plugged in good. speed sensors need to be pushed in more than any other plug i've plugged in
Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Stoich EG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol wow....nobody has a sense of humor....including the guy who posted the "jdm lingo" in the 1st place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

check out his other postes he had today.. hes already had some locked
Old 03-07-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: (2wheelhunter)

Sounds like the axels... Not possitive though. Did you say you had to "hold it in gear"? That right there is a huge red flag to me. This means it would pop out of gear, yes?

Dumb question... Did you put oil in the tranny?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93eg2james)

it sounds to me that it would be your axles.. and if you have to hold your shifter in place for it to be in gear, maybe you tightened ur bolts too tight where you bolt everything up to the frame by the shifter...?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (DEL HATCH)

How well-bled is the clutch system?