Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car turns off

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car turns off

Heres the rundown, 1993 honda civic dx stock...... I ran this car with a bad speed sensor for bout a year and I am not sure but I beleive its the TPI sensor was disconnected as well... (goes into the back of the manifold) It was just a car to get me back and forth to work and it ran fine so I being that I am no mechanic and the car ran fine I did not f**k with anything.....

I got a new civic and lent the car to my friend (Sitting for bout 3 months) so he can drive to work. After bout 3 weeks the car now shuts off everytime it comes to a stop..and reeks of gas................ After some questioning I found that (I have no idea why) he and his buddy were messing with the throttle (linkages that accelerate the car) Me and my friend tried to get the car back to normal by adjusting the linkages) The car idles in park and in reverse but begins to stall in drive and then shuts off.... it will stay on and wont shut off when driving but then at any stop it will begin to sputter... Any ideas will help...