Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car stolen, October 14th, 2004...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car stolen, October 14th, 2004...

I'm leaving around 5oclock this morning for LLab (AFROTC) and find my car gone. I just got everything together this summer but all the work, money, and time... gone. I really don't know how to react or feel at this point. I guess I'm still hoping I'll wake up from a dream. The whole "import scene" has been a big part of me since I was probably about 10. After this though... I don't think I have the desire to do it all over again.

I had an autolock on the clutch and a couple "things" to prevent the car from being started, but of course that didn't work. They cut the clutch itself to get around the autolock. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who stole it are HT users are reading this thread. All I can say is I can't believe people these days. While we have men and women fighting and giving up their lives for OUR freedom, while your family worked hard to raise you and give you an opportunity to do make something of yourselves... this is what you choose to do, steal from other peoples accomplishments and hardwork. Karma is a bitch though, and in time, revenge will be had with the lame *** people who choose to steal.

To everyone else, I wish you the best of luck with your projects and goals. Although I know it's nearly impossible to prevent, I hope this never happens to any of you.

Anyways, it was stolen from Renton, WA at probably 1-3am. When I went outside the ground under where my car was sitting was still dry. I went to sleep at 12 and woke up at 4 so it had to have been in that time period.

It's a 1993 Phantom Grey Honda Civic Hatchback DX. If you want to Battle of the Imports at Pacific Raceways, you might have seen me. I was running in the S/C class. Took 3rd place with a best E.T. of 11.84 @ 118mph. The specs are below:

Engine:
JDM B16A
GSR Transmission
ACT 6puck Heavy Duty Clutch
84MM Benson Sleeves
Crower Pro-Billet Rods
JE 9:1 Forged Pistons
Skunk2 Valve Springs
Skunk2 Valves
Skunk2 Titanium Retainers
GSR Camshafts
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Cam Gears (Red)
Drag3 Turbo Kit with Ball Bearing Upgrade
HKS Super Sequential BOV
TurboXS Single Stage Boost Controller
Siemmens Deka 860cc Fuel Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
B&M Fuel Pressure Gauge
SVP 3bar Map Sensor
NGK Blue Spark Plug Wires
Custom Valve Cover (everything shaved besides Honda, gunmetal color).

Exterior:
Skunk2 Coilovers
15" Rota Sports Bronze Circuit 8's (Kumho Tires)
Amber Corners
EX Front Lip

Interior:
Sparco Atlas Bucket
OMP Seat Brackets (EK)
Skunk2 Shift ****

Pictures:

That's all I can think of for now... I'll post more info if I can think of anything. Please let me know if you might have seen it early this morning or might have any information about it. Thanks everyone...
Old 10-14-2004, 01:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (Eluzion)

I'm sorry man. I was in your shoes last december. All you can do it cross your fingers.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (Dengar)

I hate thieves, down with thieves . What exactly does a clutch autolock thing do anyways? Sounds kind of cool, but if it doesn't work...... must be some skilled theifs. I hope they get caught and shot. Best of luck to you man.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (civiccpedx)

The autolock just basically locks the clutch so it can't be depressed. It's pretty much impossible to cut from what I understand but they just cut the entire clutch off... so I had an autolock with half of a clutch stuck on it laying on the ground when I walked outside.

I'd definatly recommend it... as it's just extra stuff a thief would have to deal with to get your car.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 10-14-2004, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (Powered by Honda)

... thats making me cry
Old 10-14-2004, 01:39 PM

So sorry to hear that Jamie, good luck getting it back. Death to thieves.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:40 PM

That seriously sucks man, sorry to hear of your loss - I hate reading these types of threads on the boards but I click on them anyway to hopefully learn from other's mistakes (if any). So they went ahead and cut the clutch arm & pedal off? What I don't understand is how did they drive the car with just half of a clutch arm? I guess it's possible....kinda like driving with the autolock on the brake pedal and only using engine braking and the E-brake.

Thieves
Old 10-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (derspi)

That blows man.

I wish it you got a bigger penelty for stealing cars. Bet it wouldn't be done as much then.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (The G2 Racer)

danm!!
thieves suck ***** man.
If that happend to me....I'll dont know what I'll do. I just know know if I can controll myself...I guess I'll go and do the same, steal someone else ride just to make it even.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yall need a motion sensor an done of <FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="red">THESE</FONT></FONT>
Old 10-14-2004, 02:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by derspi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That seriously sucks man, sorry to hear of your loss - I hate reading these types of threads on the boards but I click on them anyway to hopefully learn from other's mistakes (if any). So they went ahead and cut the clutch arm & pedal off? What I don't understand is how did they drive the car with just half of a clutch arm? I guess it's possible....kinda like driving with the autolock on the brake pedal and only using engine braking and the E-brake.

Thieves </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, they just cut the arm right above the autolock and threw it out. I guess they just pressed the clutch arm with their foot. It was probably hard as hell because the clutch was pretty damn stick (unsprung 6 puck).

My advice, get the autolock. Just creates more "obstacles" for a thief to get past. I'd get a good alarm too along with kill switches as it's more stuff for them to deal with (my friends car was saved thanks to two very good kill switches he installed... jackers couldnt get it started).
Old 10-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yall need a motion sensor an one of <FONT COLOR="red"><FONT SIZE="3">THESE</FONT></FONT>
Old 10-14-2004, 02:06 PM

Well keep that part of the clutch because if you can prove the thing was in use then they give you like 4000 or 8000 something like that. Same with like a viper alarm that is installed at the dealer they give you so much money. I would look it up and see on their web site.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (Powered by Honda)

sorry to hear about the loss.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (cappa)

i hate these threads too, your car looks like a dream car for most of us here. i too have an autolock and usally i feel safe with it. but with all the stories of autolock car thefts still, its discouraging. sorry to hear your story
Old 10-14-2004, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (StErN)

damnnn, sorry about the loss.

Good luck in the ROTC.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004... (Boostage)

LOL - that thing reminds of me of that Simpson's episode where they go to New York to recover Homer's POS car.

Also looks like one of those devices they use to "encourage" car owners to pay their parking tickets.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:31 PM

damn sorry to hear... i had my car broken into twice. But now i'm upgrading to a new alarm...clifford rsx 3.5 with 2 way pager. Lost about 1g of parts, however, if it happen agian I will give up on the import scene. Can't do anything about it either, but **** happens. Try using 2 autolocks and man your car was super clean. I would've bought an release kit for the steering wheel. **** like that scares me. esp when i toss over 10k into a damn car.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

guys...I think its time to invest in a detachable steering wheel.
I got one since I started modding my hatch and the hatch is still here. ...But if they want it bad they'll do anything to have it taken way.
Add the detachable steering wheel to any car is so much more secured along with other security devices.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey I work in Eastgate and Live in Bellevue, but use to live on the Sammamish Plateau. Anyways I was going home Last night around 2:45 am and I could of sworn I saw your car on the Plateau. It was right around the Klahanie QFC
Old 10-14-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Re: (spooncivic01)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spooncivic01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey I work in Eastgate and Live in Bellevue, but use to live on the Sammamish Plateau. Anyways I was going home Last night around 2:45 am and I could of sworn I saw your car on the Plateau. It was right around the Klahanie QFC</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you see the Speedline stickers on the side windows, and one on the rear towards the top? I also have a uberdata sticker on the rear window. Also, I have Nokya Artic Purple head lights... Where is the Plateau?

Thanks for your help... I hope I can find it.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:59 PM
HFP

Default Re: (spooncivic01)

the sad thing is you have worked you *** of for that car..... just to have some B*tch come and take it... cowards.

hope this dosnt dampen your passion for the import scene, sorry man
Old 10-14-2004, 02:59 PM

Man that sucks so bad.

Right now I'm battling with the desire to mod my brand new 2004 EX Coupe with the though of having it stolen.

Your car looks hot man and I'm sure it performed just as well. You should defintely look into getting some compensation from Autolock. The real bad part is you gotta figure it was somebody who knew you or at least been scoping out your car for some time. You gotta figure they were watching you and watching you car at the same time. After all that time I think I'd be wanting nothing to do with the import scene as well. Good luck with whatever happens.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eluzion)

Definately that was the car, the Sammamish Plateau is above Issaquah and like 20 min from Northbend PM me and I can give you my number if you want

Quick Reply: Car stolen, October 14th, 2004...