Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc.

I'm moving soon to a new apartment and my car won't be garage kept, I'm pretty worried about theft since my car is a hot item, SI wheels, jdm gsr, resprayed, etc. I have a viper alarm right now and I know thats not nearly enough. What can I do thats cheap that will prevent/deter thiefs. I was thinking pulling the ecu out everynight?
Old 09-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc. (Easyslider01)

get a clutch club... and if your really worried .. a detachable steering wheel ... and if your REALLY REALLY worried a kill switch and pull the ECU so .. thats all i can think of...
Old 09-24-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc. (riceburnerryan)

I'm pretty much paranoid considering the area I'm moving isn't all that great, its not terrible but it has its crowds.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:34 AM

perhaps you can find a more safe place to live?
Old 09-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SlowHX)

there is a really good site cause call for alarm

i cant find it in my favorites but when i get to my other computer ill post up the link.,..

very informative
Old 09-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SlowHX)

i dont like posting stuff online about this... call me paranoid, whatever. but check your PM
Old 09-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EeeJayEight)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EeeJayEight &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a really good site cause call for alarm

i cant find it in my favorites but when i get to my other computer ill post up the link.,..

very informative</TD></TR></TABLE>

great site, i couldnt find it though... saved it on my last harddrive, and kinda dont have it any longer
Old 09-24-2005, 11:36 AM

i would buy a gun
Old 09-24-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc. (infrontofu)

what you can do is make yourself a fuel pump cut off switch or if you dont want to go thru the hassle you can just pull the fuel pump fuse. when thieves try to start your car and it doesnt theyll prolly not want somthing that doesnt work right? haha!
Old 09-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Don't pull the ECU, that can damage the wires going into it. Just pull the 15A fuse under the hood. I would also suggest in a fuel cut off switch, and maybe even a detachable wheel if your that worried about it.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc. (JDM-EJ1)

I take my main relay, cds, and cd faece plate with me everywhere... I also suggest back up battary operated sirens in hidden locations, tilt sensor, autolock, hood lock, starter kill, fuel kill, lock popers i think its called, someone did a write up on alarms and theft deterrant stuff...

when u park keep it in gear and keep the ebrake up and lock ur steering wheel all the way turned to one side... that way when they tow it, theyll have to hear the screaching of the tires... There isnt much to prevent them towing it though... flat bed and they gone, all u can do is hope u wake up when ur tilt sensor sets off ur alarm...

Or become paranoid (like me) and stay up most of the night with a bat in hand (ready to crack heads)....

another thing... try breaking into ur car urself, best way to test ur security...
Old 09-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc. (PRcivicHB)

found it!!!

Cause for Alarm
http://members.***.net/shaundr....html
Old 09-24-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc. (EeeJayEight)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PRcivicHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">another thing... try breaking into ur car urself, best way to test ur security...</TD></TR></TABLE>

True but see a thief would do things that you prolly wont do to your own car... i mean your not going to break your own window to see how good your security is right
Old 09-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc. (M2nR22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M2nR22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

True but see a thief would do things that you prolly wont do to your own car... i mean your not going to break your own window to see how good your security is right </TD></TR></TABLE>

obviously LOL...
Old 09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc. (PRcivicHB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PRcivicHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">another thing... try breaking into ur car urself, best way to test ur security...</TD></TR></TABLE>

well besides breaking your own property, have a friend try... i did. he did audio and security installs for years... so they know weak points as far as that stuff is concerned. actually he installed it with me, so that helped. cant hurt. everything is great thats been said so far, and that cause for alarm website is great stuff, so read up. and take your time when running wires and kill switches... hide them in the best spot you can think of, while still being able to access them yourself with minor difficulty.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PRcivicHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
when u park keep it in gear and keep the ebrake up and lock ur steering wheel all the way turned to one side... that way when they tow it, theyll have to hear the screaching of the tires... There isnt much to prevent them towing it though... flat bed and they gone, all u can do is hope u wake up when ur tilt sensor sets off ur alarm...</TD></TR></TABLE>
when you park, pull in... since its front wheel drive, along with locking your wheel, and ebrakes, the car is going to sling out when towed from behind and hit another car, or just be beside them while they are towing it, makes it a bit difficult.

best of luck!!
Old 09-26-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Car Security Tips besides Alarms, Locks, Etc. (94hatchling)

I've decided to get the removable steering wheel, kill switch for fuel pump and the autolock. Thanks for all the tips, hopefully my car won't end up as a stolen thread.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just slam ur ****... i was in coachella visiting my friend when i was waken up by my alarm going off.. my friend ran out with his glock and i had a bat and it was a tow truck i was fukin laughing he couldnt get my car to go up his ramp and the cops showed up and then his excuse was oh.. i got the wrong car... **** THEIVES...

now i park my car everynight with the front tire against the curb with it cranked all the way one direction with it locked and ecu pulled and other stuff