Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Car not starting after fuel injector install (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/car-not-starting-after-fuel-injector-install-2719369/)

FW_EJ8 01-29-2010 05:48 PM

Car not starting after fuel injector install

So i recently installed a turbo kit on my car. Basically a drag gen 3 kit. I drove around with stock injectors and chipped ecu for lsvtec for a little bit with no problems. I also have a 255 walbro fuel pump that i installed and was working fine before i put the RCs in.

Today i installed RC sl4-750 injectors and put in a basemap that i ordered from xenocron for my setup.

So i put everything back together with the new basemap. Before starting the car i turned the key on and off about 3-4 times to build pressure in the fuel system. So i start the car and it's sputtering like crazy with a low idle. It runs for a few seconds to a min and just dies and a small puff of smoke comes out the exhaust. It smelled like gas.

There is no leak around the injectors or anything and the car was running fine before.

Now the car cranks but it won't start. What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance

delsolproblems 01-29-2010 07:17 PM

Re: Car not starting after fuel injector install

Your motor needs to be tuned with the new injectors. To get it running long enough to make it to the tuning shop, you could try disconnecting the O2 sensor for a bit and see if it starts. Otherwise, you'll need to switch it back to how it was before or get it towed. GL

FW_EJ8 01-29-2010 09:20 PM

i don't have a o2 sensor hooked up haha.

so getting this basemap was useless? I thought i could get it and just drive my car to the tuner.

forcefedferio 01-29-2010 09:21 PM

did you wire in the resistor box there, chief?

FW_EJ8 01-29-2010 09:27 PM

they're saturated injectors. Thought i only needed resistor box for peak and hold injectors

delsolproblems 01-29-2010 11:16 PM

I wouldn't say useless, more of a gamble that didn't work out. I'm sure some people manage to run decently with the map, it just didn't fit your particular setup very well. Depending on what equipment you have access to where the vehicle is, you might be able to make adjustments to the motor to help it run on that map temporarily.

FW_EJ8 01-29-2010 11:25 PM

I see, well my car is stuck at home haha.

I'm curious, since my car does not start, how would a tuner tune it? Mind my setup is just a stock lsvtec.

delsolproblems 01-30-2010 12:39 AM

You've got to get a programmable computer at some point to control fuel delivery for your turbo, and that's what the techs would dyno tune. That is in addition to turbo pressures, timing and vtec engagement (if you have). The question is whether you can use the new injectors in the meantime. You can try adjusting the turbo pressure, timing and/or TPS. Running richer could also make it more difficult for the sparks to jump their gaps. The people in the Forced Induction section might have some insights as well.