Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car is missing causing to stall out

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car is missing causing to stall out

I just did a full tune up the works. And its missing on clyinder 3 and 4 last time i checked. I recently had put the aem fuel rail with fuel pressure regualtor. Its set at idle alittle under 30 I beileve but once throttle is hit jumps up to 40. When I start the car up im sitting at like 200 rpm way low and the car will sometimes shut off and will take numerious attempts to keep the motor running.

It will start up and then just die by like the 10th click it will fire up. Also when I press the thorttle half way it will buck like crazy. But when hit the peddle full throttle it seems to go away. When I take off its not so bad until i get around 3,500 rpms. Could it be that since the stock injectors cant handle the bigger fuel rail and fpr rail that its dumping so much fuel that its cause the car to buck and miss?

List of mods:Aem fuel rail,aem fpr, Ebay race header,255high flow fuel pump,ebay intake. Now im gonna be installed the turbo tomorrow do you think it will get worse?Eclipse style setup. The car will be tuned this saturday waiting on the harness,ecu,intercooler,and 450 injectors.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car is missing causing to stall out (Frost7177)

i believe stock fuel pressure is a lil higher like 40ish at idle. If the cylinders are missing you need to find out why before you turbo it. Is it from lack of spark or lack of fuel??? That will cause your low idle.

Also make sure your run a resistor pack with the dsm 450cc injectors...