Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CAR JUST STOPPED HELPPP

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAR JUST STOPPED HELPPP

so i came home on lunch break came back outside to go back to work and my car didnt have power to the main relay or the fuel pump, check engine light is now on and i tried to see what code its throwing but i cant get it to work... wat could it be that is making it have no power? and to just stop working like that? dizzy or ecu?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: CAR JUST STOPPED HELPPP (Cashieboi)

Are you getting power with the key on, and you try to crank it over and the car completely dies? no power at all? post back.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: CAR JUST STOPPED HELPPP (slowcivic2k)

i have power and everything it just not turning over, i have no power to my main relay and no power to my fuel pump. Would a dizzy be the problem? my dizzy was like rigged up between 2 dizzy y8 and a z6. it was working but all the sudden stopped. My ecu should be fine. I tried to check wat code its throwing but it not working, anone else think its dizzy like i do?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

DISCLAIMER: I'm no guru, but I love to (help) troubleshoot... Plus I have a Helm Manual!!! (what are you driving?)

From what I've learned, I don't think a bad Dizzy would *directly* cause you to lose power to your PGM-FI MR and/or Fuel Pump. I'm a big fan of fixing what's KNOWN to be wrong before taking shots in the dark, and the CEL is the biggest thing that sticks out to me. The biggest argument suggesting that your Dizzy is fine is the fact that it was working before your CEL showed up... unless I misunderstood the order in which things happened.

You'll have to investigate the CEL to proceed. It could end up being more $ than it needs to be if you start changing things out beforehand... it might just be a loose Connection or bad Fuse (did you use a MultiMeter to check them?).

In any case, keep us informed on how things go, and let us know what car this is for!!!
JasonGhostz
Old 06-26-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: CAR JUST STOPPED HELPPP (JasonGhostz)

this is for a 96 ek with z6 head, i tested the dizzy today its fine, my ecu should be fine, main relay is fine, what else could this be? checked under the hood fuses all seem to be ok , fried harness? wtf is going on this is gayyy
Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did your CEL go out, or do you still have it? Get that checked first, man!

Unless you have the tools, or a friend with them, or a hookup, you'll have to go to the shop to get it checked.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cashieboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">checked under the hood fuses all seem to be ok</TD></TR></TABLE>Are you using a MultiMeter to check this? Sometimes the break isn't visible... I'm just making sure you're not eyeballing your Fuses...

JasonGhostz