Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

car just dies..... put new gas in ... diles hard... push gas pedal and KAPUT she dies

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car just dies..... put new gas in ... diles hard... push gas pedal and KAPUT she dies

ok yeasterday i replaced my intake manifold gasket with a hondata one ... love it but i went up and got gas right after words and... something isnt right .... the car isnt pulling hard at all ... like its not getting enough gas.... after i pumped gas into her ... i started her u p.. she idled really ruff i gave it gas and she died ... restart ... same thing twice so i stopped and pushed it outta the way.... i dont know what is going on but i hear the fuel pump working so i was thinking maybe the fuel filter is clogged... or the fpr is toast (if thats it i guess its a good thing i just bought a new one lol adjustable) but if you guys have any ideas i would appreciate it .... thanks again fellas
Old 03-31-2005, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car just dies..... put new gas in ... diles hard... push gas pedal and KAPUT she dies (LSegHatch

So it didn't run well at all after the gasket install? I'd bet on a vac leak then.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car just dies..... put new gas in ... diles hard... push gas pedal and KAPUT she dies (LSegHatch

well like actually it ran better over all but then like other things started showing up like ... im stilling losing coolant from somewhere... and i cant figure out where .. i found one leak and fixed it ..... also the thing i explained above but when i put the new gasket in .... the car responded great for about 20 mins then all of a sudden i got to the gas station filled her up startd her back up and kaput she dies on me ... i dont knwo wtf is up with it ... im willing to let someone look at it but i dont trust any mechanics around this was and no one on here lives around me your all from cali

oh yeah btw the car is now running again but it keeps like getting close to cutting off and then comeing back up to normal idle... only when its cold though..... when its warm it fine ... at least thats what it seems like ..... im going up tomarrow to get a fuel filter to see how that will help out with this ****
ne ideas will be greatly appreciated
Old 04-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok car is still doing it yet again tonight im sitting there i started up the car and it jus tdied i waited about five minutes tried it again and it started ... so i dont know what up any one have any ideas i would really like to hear it cuz now im starting to just get pissed off
Old 04-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

put a vacuum gauge on the mainfold, use the purge and see what the vacuum reading says.

also pull the plug for cyl #4 see if there is coolant inside.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nope no coolant in any of the cylinders everything is runing perfect..... only thing i just replaced my fuel filter today ... hopefully this cures the problem.... there was all kindsa nasty **** coming outta the old one when i dumped it ... imma cut it open later on tonight..... thanks for the info everyone....