Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car got broken into, didn't manage to steal it. [help with audio]

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car got broken into, didn't manage to steal it. [help with audio]

Well my car almost got jacked, they took off the plastic around the steering column but didn't manage to do anything after that. They also jacked my 10 year old kenwood cd deck that's worth 4 bucks if even.

Now i want to put my old stock civic deck with a tape player. My question is. I have 6 wires hanging out, there are 3 whites ones and there are other three that are red, black and yellow, they have some metal pieces at the ends on them. The other white ones are just bare wires. So in total there are 6, and the white rectangular plastic piece which contains all these wires was ripped off so now i can't simply plug in my stereo. Anyway my old deck has the white plastic piece where you are supposed to plug in the white piece with all the audio wires from the dash wiring harness. So how can i simply plug in the wiress into the deck so that it works? I am not sure what i did, i tried matching up the colours of the wires with those on the deck plug thing but that didn't work, just creating some burning smell

i am totally lost when it comes to wirng...any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car got broken into, didn't manage to steal it. [help with audio] (1.8 HB)

There should be like 4 wires at least coming out of the hole, those should be for the speakers. pull on them and the red/yellow/black wires and see if they're not connected to the harness. If they are, take off the harness and the one that's connected to your car will just plug right into your stock deck. If it's not in there, that means the wires have been cut and you're gonna have a hard time plugging your oem deck back in.

My suggestion would be to go to a junkyard and find a harness and cut it and use the bare wires to connect to the current red/yellow/black/white ones sticking out. Easiest solution: buy a cheap new deck.
Red=ignition controlled +12V
Yellow=constant +12V
Black-)12V ground
White wires are probably for your speakers, assuming you only have 2
Old 10-07-2002, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Car got broken into, didn't manage to steal it. [help with audio] (CXHatchback)

was gonna help you out.. but.... he did a good enough job!!! hee hee