Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car does not start, main relay does not click 97 civic kswapped

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car does not start, main relay does not click 97 civic kswapped

Not sure how i went about this, but i was installing a hardwired radar and ran into issues. i recently installed a s2k cluster and used the wiring on that in order to wire in the radar.

i used the srs plug to splice in the ignition + and ground. i put everything back together and switched the ignition on 2. cluster didnt turn on. main relay does not click resulting in fuel pump not priming.

everything else on the car turns on. radio works, turn signals still work. car cranks but does not fire due to the fuel pump not activating. i tried switching out the main relay with another but that does not fix the issue. ive check all of the fuses and nothing seems to be blown.

now this is only an assumption, but the original wire i used to power on the cluster no longer gets power after switching the ignition on, i used b15 originally. if i switch the wire over to srs ign +, the cluster turns on.

im not sure what i did, but i was using a test light to test out the srs plug and the cig lighter plug.

PLEASE HELP me.

PS. i am checking fuses with a test light and pulling them out to physically look for popped fuses, but have seen none that show signs of failure. Can these fuses still be bad?

Last edited by slowpokecivic; 01-19-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car does not start, main relay does not click 97 civic kswapped

Originally Posted by slowpokecivic
Not sure how i went about this, but i was installing a hardwired radar and ran into issues. i recently installed a s2k cluster and used the wiring on that in order to wire in the radar.

i used the srs plug to splice in the ignition + and ground. i put everything back together and switched the ignition on 2. cluster didnt turn on. main relay does not click resulting in fuel pump not priming.

everything else on the car turns on. radio works, turn signals still work. car cranks but does not fire due to the fuel pump not activating. i tried switching out the main relay with another but that does not fix the issue. ive check all of the fuses and nothing seems to be blown.

now this is only an assumption, but the original wire i used to power on the cluster no longer gets power after switching the ignition on, i used b15 originally. if i switch the wire over to srs ign +, the cluster turns on.

im not sure what i did, but i was using a test light to test out the srs plug and the cig lighter plug.

PLEASE HELP me.

PS. i am checking fuses with a test light and pulling them out to physically look for popped fuses, but have seen none that show signs of failure. Can these fuses still be bad?

Did you check the underhood fuze panel?
Old 01-20-2012, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Check both top test tabs of installed fuses 44, 15, and 13 for voltage to body ground with your test light.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guys like you make me not regret coming back to HT. thanks.