Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car bogs and wont start...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Carpe diem!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car bogs and wont start...

Well I was on my way to work and my car gave a little hesitation, I pulled it out of gear then it ran fine again. I got on the freeway and I got it in 3rd gear and it bogged out and died. I called my brother to help me get it home and on the way home I put it in gear and popped the clutch it bogged and then ran fine. I got home and the POSITIVE battery cable was loose....could that be the problem?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car bogs and wont start... (Sa.L.aS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sa.L.aS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I was on my way to work and my car gave a little hesitation, I pulled it out of gear then it ran fine again. I got on the freeway and I got it in 3rd gear and it bogged out and died. I called my brother to help me get it home and on the way home I put it in gear and popped the clutch it bogged and then ran fine. I got home and the POSITIVE battery cable was loose....could that be the problem? </TD></TR></TABLE>

tighten it and see what happens ...

it can also be your timeing advance your timeing or move it back .. after i i advanced my timeing my car ran faster but in high gears it felt like it was gona cut out .. i deAdvanced my timeing and it feels like a whole new car ...