Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car Bogging Down

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Bogging Down

This is a continuation of this thread, since I bought the car now: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1856551

The car has been bogging when I apply more gas, but its kinda random. It didn't do it when I bought the car, then 2 days later, it started doing it when I was at WOT, it felt like it wasn't getting fuel. The previous owner replaced the fuel pump, with out prevail, so I now I replaced the fuel filter (as suggested by someone else). I haven't had a chance to see if it helped or not, because like I said, its totally random when it does it, I can't get it to do it when I want to. It could be a beautiful day, car driving excellently, and all of a sudden, I go to pass someone on the expressway, or give it a little gas when the speed limit increases, and the more I give it gas, the more it bogs down.

Someone suggested checking the MAP/TPS sensor plugs, I swapped them, and it was worse, so I don't think its that.

Also, the car idles very high, like 1500rpm weather its hot or cold.

Last of all, when I was doing the fuel filter I found 2 plugs that weren't plugged in, does anyone know what they are? And could it have anything to do with my problems? Here are the pics. The first one looks like it comes from the firewall. And the second comes from the harness that goes into the distributor.

and

Thanks in advanced, hopefully someone can help!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay this sounds like you got a big problem. First thing is first.
Any CELs?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (StreetRacinThug)

No CELs <u>BUT</u> the CEL light doesnt seem to work. It does not light at KOEO like its supposed to, it does not light when the diagnostic plug is jumped. And its not the bulb, I took the cluster out and checked the bulb, it wasn't removed, broken, or burnt out. And I replaced it with a known good just to be sure (the brake light) and it still doesn't work. What else could be causing the CEL to not work?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:39 AM

Try to go to a local auto parts store and pull codes with a reader.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gents97civ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gents97civ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try to go to a local auto parts store and pull codes with a reader.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They only do OBD2 cars
Old 02-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is so freaking wierd. If anything that plug coming out of the firewall looks like a EVAP connection.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (StreetRacinThug)

Well i'd say theres a 99% chance with the car running like this that its throwing a CEL. HOWWW can I fix my ******* light? Is there another way that someone could have made it not work since they didn't remove the bulb?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Bogging Down (Powered By Garrett)

So I tried something else. I swapped a virgin p05 in (cx ecu) and still no CEL, but when I jump the CEL port, the SRS light flashes continuously, does this mean anything?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: (Powered By Garrett)

well... just a question, but have you checked your fuel pressure? My friends car was bogging down hardcore, and then he got a fuel pressure regulator and that fixed the problem quick...but his car was also very strange, with lots of things wrong with it, so it could have just been a miracle
Old 02-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dickowskiflowers)

No I dont have a way to check the fuel pressure, kinda broke right now, just want to get the car running normal for my wife before I leave for Iraq on friday
Old 02-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also, I read the ECU thread, and it says the plug is supposed to be grey, with a black and red wires coming out of it. Mine is blue, with one brown, one black wire coming out of it, and it doesn't seem to do anything (exept make the SRS light flash) am I missing something? Could this be why my CEL doesnt light up ever?

Heres my plug:

Old 02-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I got to thinking, maybe someone fucked with the wiring, and thats why the SRS light blinks when the plug is jumped. So with it continuously flashing, that would mean o2 sensor. So I looked at the 02 sensor, and the wiring was cut before the plug, and it doesn't look right. Can anyone help? Heres the headache:

<u>Coming from the main harness:</u>
Orange/Blue
Green/White
Yellow/Black
White
White/Blue
Black
Orange

<u>And the female plug (that goes from harness into o2) has these wires:</u>
Grey
Black
White
White

Since you cant see too well in the pic, the wiring goes like this (I used pink for white):

Old 02-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are using the correct harness for the CEL jumper.

if there is some wiring issues, it could be that your srs light is now your CEL.

jump the connector and try reading the srs light blinks for a code.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member