Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car aint starting, no SPark/FuelPump not Priming

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car aint starting, no SPark/FuelPump not Priming

So i searchd and the posts there are not answering my question..

Well the other nite i was driving, and all of a sudden my car dies out. We Checkd that i didnt have any oil and such so we put a qt of oil in. We tried starting it and still wouldnt start. It would crank but would not turn over and start the motor. We then checkd the #4 cylnder and it had a puddle of oil in it every time i tried to crank it, so we said it was the seals that had gone bad. well we didnt get the car to run that nite so i had to get it towed.

The next morning my cousin came over and checked it out once again, along with a friend of ours who helps us with our cars. They both said that it could be the dizzy cap, spark plgs, and seals because of them had gone bad. well we bought all these things and changed them and still not starting. Its Cranking but still not starting. We then checkd to see if im getting any fuel by pulling the hose and trying to start and no fuel came out so we're thinking its the Fuel Pump. But also we checkd the spark plug wires and i am not getting any spark. Whats going on here?? i Just need to know whats going on with my car. Ive read it could be my ECU, or wires and such. But i doubt that. Can Anyone help??

my car is a 96 Hatch with a 96 B18B.. not heavily modded, basic i/e and port and polish. thanks in advance H-T members
Old 03-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Car aint starting, no SPark/FuelPump not Priming (EKris)

Check all your fuses, grounds and main relay.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car aint starting, no SPark/FuelPump not Priming (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Check all your fuses, grounds and main relay. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I checked alll already...still not working.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well then do you have an ecu plugged in? Does the car have a good batt.? If all the fuses are good, and theres power and good grounds and a good working main relay then all the power should go to its locations to work. (thats for the fuel pump)

For the spark it could be the ICM or coil but if your not getting fuel either then its a fuse or main relay since they run the same power through.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car aint starting, no SPark/FuelPump not Priming (Luserkid)

yeah the ECU is plugged, and the battery is pretty good because i just got a new one about a month ago. Yeah i dont understand why its not starting because everything is all good. The Pump still isnt priming and bringing fuel to the motor. and No Spark. im just stummpd
Old 03-04-2007, 07:13 AM

check for 12v power at the fuel pump. if its 12v there you have a bad fuel pump. if its not there then check for power at the fuse panel for the fuel pump, touch the top of the fuse with a volt meter, if its 12v there and not at the pump you have a short/ open. if no power at the fuse panel check power at the ecu. check that the ecu gets power then check the fuel pump pin. process of elimination.

sam
Old 03-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car aint starting, no SPark/FuelPump not Priming (FJmbztech)

alright thanks alot, im goin to try it now

EDIT: Well i double checkd my fuses and such and I OVERLOOKED the 15amp one. all i had to do was change that out and it fixd the problem. haha but thanks for ur alls inputs and suggestions. Have a Nice day..

Modified by EKris at 2:52 PM 3/4/2007