Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

cant drive at night plz help

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant drive at night plz help

wiring up my city lights i messed something up and had to wire my corners/taillights to my DEPO foglight switch..i had the foglights on before and took them off cause i switched bumpers..but aniwaise..my switch burnt on me and now my corners or tails dont work..the front corners still work with turn signals..but what im asking is if there is anything that i can wire up so i can drive at night?..like use power from the battery? i tried it but the wire was getting warm..what i did was used some wire to connect a switch from the battery and cut the power wire from the switch, it was working but the battery wire was just getting hot..anyone have any ideas?..im going to order a new foglight kit tomarrow and throwing my other bumper back on so hopefully then it'll work but need to find another way around it until then..hope you understand what i mean thanks in advance
Old 01-18-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: cant drive at night plz help (krazyhmongboi)

huh??? what exactly did you do??

First put it all back to stock wiring...

Then check your fuses...

The switch burnt cause it shouldn't be controlling the actual lights, it should only be controlling a relay...

Whenever you hook something up directly to the battery, it should have a fuse that is rated for the circuit/wiring... no more than 12" away from the battery...

BAT ---(12" Wire)--- Fuse --- (Wire) --- etc..

Read this:
http://www.danielsternlighting....html

I dunno how you screwed up wiring your city lights.....
maybe you should ask a professional shop to redo the wiring for you...

you could also go to the junk yard, and buy new harnesses...
Old 01-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would it work if i hooked it up temporarily to the battery with an inline fuse? but im about to take my city lights off and tap the corners to the headlight..sigh..i have a headache

what i did was when i tried tapping the city lights to the power of the corners and the power(red/yellow i think) of the headlight (so it turns off) fuses blew and from there i just had to do something for them to work.. so i had foglights switch that i wasnt using because i changed from a bumper with foglights to one w/o..but i just drew power from the power of the foglight, which went to the battery through a 20amp fuse
Old 01-18-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: (krazyhmongboi)

so when you blew the fuses why didnt you just replace the fuses? before hacking your factory harness and attempting the depo switch fix
Old 01-18-2007, 11:18 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense, but you really need to never touch the wiring on your car again. It's obvious you have zero clue what you're doing. For you to screw something up so badly when splicing a grand total of 4 wires is mind-boggling. Then to hack up the rest of your wiring because of a couple blown fuses?

What you need to do is undo what you have done. Take out your city lights, resplice your original wires back together, put everything back to stock as best you can.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

^what he needs to do is leave it alone. nothing personal to op but, take it to someone who knows how to wire something safely and properly.