Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Can somebody help me out with these codes!

Old 04-22-2019, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can somebody help me out with these codes!

I have a 2000 Civic EX with 127k. The codes that are giving my problems right now are, P0706, P0430, P0420. Anybody else have experience in working with these codes?

Old 04-22-2019, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can somebody help me out with these codes!

P0420 & P0430 = O2 sensors are probably fouled. Take em out and replace them or try to clean them.

P0706 = Trans Range Sensor...this helps select your gear in an AT. There are several causes for this one - a bad TRS sensor, dirty/bad tranny fluid, fluid valve issues in the transmission.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can somebody help me out with these codes!

Originally Posted by punk0mi View Post
P0420 & P0430 = O2 sensors are probably fouled. Take em out and replace them or try to clean them.

P0706 = Trans Range Sensor...this helps select your gear in an AT. There are several causes for this one - a bad TRS sensor, dirty/bad tranny fluid, fluid valve issues in the transmission.
Hey thanks for the reply. Iím going to change the transmission fluid and filter this coming weekend, also try to do some more research about the O2 sensor. With that, should I worry about the catalytic converter at all?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: