Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

can i suit aem for blown engine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i suit aem for blown engine?

i just put a zc shc motor in my 95 civic, i have a cold air intake with air bypass, i hit a puddle on the way home and hydralocked the motor and slung a rod, is there anyway to suit aem lol, if not has anyone tried to get warranty on jdm motor before, i just got it and have a 18 month 18000 mile warranty on it, thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: can i suit aem for blown engine? (f150harleytruck7)

what is suit?

and if you mean sue no you can't
Old 01-18-2006, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can i suit aem for blown engine? (G2 Speed)

Maybe he's talking about a tuxedo?
Old 01-18-2006, 04:38 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: can i suit aem for blown engine? (Specail Ed)

I don't think I'd buy an AEM suit, unless of course it comes CARB stamped.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can i suit aem for blown engine? (f150harleytruck7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f150harleytruck7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just put a zc shc motor in my 95 civic, i have a cold air intake with air bypass, i hit a puddle on the way home and hydralocked the motor and slung a rod, is there anyway to suit aem lol, if not has anyone tried to get warranty on jdm motor before, i just got it and have a 18 month 18000 mile warranty on it, thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can see their argument now. If you arn't compitent enough to use proper spelling, what makes you capable of installing a CAI or Bypass? Seriously, did you even bother looking at the 6 page document that came with your stuff, you blew any chance you had by installing it yourself if you dont have a mechanics liscense.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can i suit aem for blown engine? (Vero)

I don't think you have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

The owner of AEM put an intake with a bypass on his NSX, then stuck the end of the intake in a fishtank and ran it. I don't know how you managed to get water up past the bypass.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:07 AM

well do u think i could get my warranty on the engine, it said it covered all internals, just tell them it ran ok, but it just slung a rod, and tell them it was burning coolant or something
Old 01-18-2006, 05:09 AM

well if u need instructions to put an cai on, then u have the issues, im sorry my keyboard is a pos and im not a great typer, my work needs to quit being stingy and spend some f**ckin money lol
Old 01-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (f150harleytruck7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f150harleytruck7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well do u think i could get my warranty on the engine, it said it covered all internals, just tell them it ran ok, but it just slung a rod, and tell them it was burning coolant or something</TD></TR></TABLE>

trust me they will not water got in the engine
Old 01-18-2006, 05:15 AM

i couldnt fog the engine to get the water out and run some oil trough it to cover up the hydrolock and make it look like it was defective any way?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:37 AM

Default Re: can i suit aem for blown engine? (Vero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I can see their argument now. If you arn't compitent enough to use proper spelling, what makes you capable of installing a CAI or Bypass? Seriously, did you even bother looking at the 6 page document that came with your stuff, you blew any chance you had by installing it yourself if you dont have a mechanics liscense.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

And how many words did you just misspell?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f150harleytruck7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i couldnt fog the engine to get the water out and run some oil trough it to cover up the hydrolock and make it look like it was defective any way?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're retarded. no. just no. you screwed up... simply as that. so just count your loses and move on. just rebuild the motor, and put on a different intake.... like a short ram... no worrying anymore about puddles.

good luck!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have a warranty, I'd try the company you got the engine from first. You'll probably have a better chance getting something from them, than trying to sue AEM.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:14 AM

NOT RETARDED, UNLUCKY, IT WAS ON FRIDAY THE 13TH, AND I WAS GOING TO HACK OFF MY INTAKE WHEN I GOT HOME, I WAS WATCHIN OUT FOR PUDDLES, AND THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME HIT ONE, SO I WAS GOIG TO GET OVER BUT A F&8*IN SEMI WAS NEXT TO ME, SO I LET OFF THE GAS AND HIT THE BRAKE TROUGH THE PUDDLE BUT IT STILL FUCKEED IT UP, TRIED TO CUT THE ENGINE OFF BEFORE THE PUDDLE BUT I WAS TOO LATE
Old 01-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this sounds like a bunch of bullshit... dude, you messed up, so just pay the price and go get yourself another motor. you can't sue anyone, period.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have to drive around worrying about hitting puddles, why bother?
Old 01-18-2006, 06:37 AM

Default Re: can i suit aem for blown engine? (sicky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think I'd buy an AEM suit, unless of course it comes CARB stamped.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha just don't get it wet.

But anyway, you could sue your parents for you being an idiot. I'm not even sure you could win that one.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:44 AM

Well he has a good point if the by-pass valve was insalled correctly and it still got water in the engine. He can't sue AEM but he can atleast see what they will do.

Maybe they wil pay to get the motor repaired?
It will just be harder because he installed it and not a certified tech.

Old 01-18-2006, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (hondaless)

lol trying to sue someone for his own mistake hahahaaha
Old 01-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

Yeah, see the only bad thing about this thread is that you started off by wanting to sue somebody because you hit a puddle. Perhaps people would've been more helpful if you would've told them about hydrolocking it, and then "maybe" mentioning a law suit against AEM (which makes no sense). First of all, AEM sells the bypass connector, which saves the car from hydrolock, so how would you fight that. Second, anytime its raining to the point where there are huge puddles, you either:

A: Park somewhere, wait it out.
B: Call a friend.
C: Disconnect the CAI extension to make it short ram, and if not possible just run with an open throttle body. Considering your chances of catching a piece of something in the throttle body, are much more slim than hydrolocking a car with a CAI that probably sits 3" off the ground on a rainy-*** day!

Just start saving.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:21 AM

THE SUE THING WAS BASICALLY JUST A JOKE, I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS MESSED UP THAT THE AIR BYPASS DIDNT DO ITS JOB IS ALL AND IF THERE WAS ANYWAY I COULD COVER UP THE HYDROLOCK AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A DEFECTIVE INTERNAL IS ALL, WHAT WOULD IT HURT TO TRY AND GET IT REPLACED, OH I WILL REBUILD MY OLD MOTOR BUT WHY NOT TRY AND GET IT WARRANTIED, CANT HURT
Old 01-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f150harleytruck7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THE SUE THING WAS BASICALLY JUST A JOKE, I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS MESSED UP THAT THE AIR BYPASS DIDNT DO ITS JOB IS ALL AND IF THERE WAS ANYWAY I COULD COVER UP THE HYDROLOCK AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A DEFECTIVE INTERNAL IS ALL, WHAT WOULD IT HURT TO TRY AND GET IT REPLACED, OH I WILL REBUILD MY OLD MOTOR BUT WHY NOT TRY AND GET IT WARRANTIED, CANT HURT</TD></TR></TABLE>

Kill the all caps. Its annoying as dick.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:02 AM

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

well no good in trying to cover it up now lol. thats fucked up you would do taht to a company bc of something YOU screwed up. thats also one reason companies have to jack their prices up bc of people that try to screw them over..

the bypass works fine. in reg conditions and thats just driving in the rain..nothing is going to save it if you go into a 3ft deep puddle or any deep puddle for that matter
Old 01-18-2006, 09:22 AM

Default Re: (00CivicGirl)

first off...expletive these ********...this site goes down hill everyday i'm here..do what you can do to try and cover up what you fucked up....I.E make it not look like it was hydrolocked....then attempt to have the coverages on a new motor covered....it was a JDM zc motor and its not that exspensive luckily...try that and if nothing happens...i actually have a cheap z6 for sale...you can find cheap motors just look around...300 bucks buys you a z6 swap...so check around...if that deal falls through...good luck...hopefully i was of more help then all of the other ********...
Old 01-18-2006, 10:02 AM

thanks del sol, everytime i post something , somene has something smart to say that isnt helpin, if i wanted to get critized id ask my girlfriend lol, thanks man

Quick Reply: can i suit aem for blown engine?