Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Can anyone confirm this?

Old 01-17-2008, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone confirm this?

In japan, did they only make hatch and 4 door civics from the years 1992-1995? If not, please give me a model of a 2 door (ex. lxi, si, etc)
Thank you, any help is appreciated!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:07 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All coupes are made in the USA and shipped over.

Most of them are called the Civic Coupe STD (standard).
Old 01-17-2008, 01:09 AM

did they have them as rhd though? or were they still lhd?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Itzmy91Teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Itzmy91Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did they have them as rhd though? or were they still lhd?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They were RHD.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:14 AM

so its a standard civic over there. or civic std. thanks much for the info
Old 01-17-2008, 01:20 AM

i dont suppose anyone has any pics of this std civic?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:26 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Itzmy91Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont suppose anyone has any pics of this std civic?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Take a picture of any 92-95 Coupe, and then flop it horizonally so it looks like a RHD car.

They're no different than the USDM coupes except they have sidemarkers, a KMPH speedometer, are RHD, and they have the "Honda of America" eagle badge on the fenders under the sidemarkers.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:28 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

OP, they're not special. They don't have a B-series. They have a D16A. They're non-VTEC (I think). They're an EJ1 (similar to our DX coupes).

These are supposed to be them (click the photos for larger images).

http://www.tradecarview.com/st...05416
http://www.tradecarview.com/st...27880

There's one coupe on this page too:
http://www.egdd.com/photo01.html
Old 01-17-2008, 01:29 AM

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Take a picture of any 92-95 Coupe, and then flop it horizonally so it looks like a RHD car.
They're no different than the USDM coupes except they have sidemarkers, a KMPH speedometer, are RHD, and they have the "Honda of America" eagle badge on the fenders under the sidemarkers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i would imagine but the only civic std pics i can find are hatches..
Old 01-17-2008, 01:36 AM
H-T White Ops

I added some links. Not really that cool of a car from what I can see. Probably has the same options available as most other Japanese Civics of that generation.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:56 AM

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I added some links. Not really that cool of a car from what I can see. Probably has the same options available as most other Japanese Civics of that generation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

perfect. thank you very much! .....now my wife wants one.....

and about the motor, it doesn't really matter. i still have to take out the stock motor to pass bar/ref here in cali and put in a stock us motor just have to figure out if i want to go boost or all motor....

thanks again for all the help. pictures helped greatly
Old 01-17-2008, 11:42 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Itzmy91Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">perfect. thank you very much! .....now my wife wants one.....

and about the motor, it doesn't really matter. i still have to take out the stock motor to pass bar/ref here in cali and put in a stock us motor just have to figure out if i want to go boost or all motor....

thanks again for all the help. pictures helped greatly</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why would your wife want one? It's a DX from Japan. It's RHD DX.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Why would your wife want one? It's a DX from Japan. It's RHD DX.</TD></TR></TABLE>

she likes cars that are different. and there are no rhd cars where i live but she doesn't want to go through doing the rhd conversion
Old 01-17-2008, 11:18 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Itzmy91Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">she likes cars that are different. and there are no rhd cars where i live but she doesn't want to go through doing the rhd conversion</TD></TR></TABLE>
So she wants to go through the hassle of shipping a car over, making it legal, etc... but she's too lazy/broke/annoyed by the hassle of doing a RHD conversion.

That doesn't make sense.

She's going to pay a buttload (in the event you find one) for one of those. At least the uber leet JDM car I want isn't sold here in any form (I'd actually rather it NOT be RHD too, but there's no way to fix that from what I know).
Old 01-17-2008, 11:26 PM
H-T White Ops

Say you wanted to buy one. I'll use the more realistic price of the black one instead of the blue one (which said $9453 for it...).

So, $2,100 for the car.
Then $1,800 for the shipping container to the US.
So before it's even in the US you have a nearly $4,000 Civic DX coupe that's probably in crap condition.

Then you have to factor in storage fees, possible transport to the shipping company, fees to make it pass US emissions, fees to make it pass US safety standards, fees to give it a US VIN and make it legal in the US as far as paperwork plus the normal licensing and such.

So $5,000+ for a 13-17 year old old Civic coupe with about 100 horsepower.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So she wants to go through the hassle of shipping a car over, making it legal, etc... but she's too lazy/broke/annoyed by the hassle of doing a RHD conversion.
That doesn't make sense.
She's going to pay a buttload (in the event you find one) for one of those. At least the uber leet JDM car I want isn't sold here in any form (I'd actually rather it NOT be RHD too, but there's no way to fix that from what I know).</TD></TR></TABLE>

A. My wife is no where near lazy, she works 2 jobs, one part time, the other full time, and is taking 16 units of school. It's more of a matter that she doesn't have time/knowledge to do it. And i do not have the time to do it since i work 2 jobs as well and am taking 17 units in school.

B. It's nice to have hookups and know the registration laws here in cali. 1000 for the car (shipped. hookup from a friend of mine). It has to have the stock US engine in it (basically civic ex/dx which she has a 95 civic in the garage right now), with all smog equipment hooked up and working. It has to pass through BAR and REF. All in all, she would be looking $2500 tops for the car registered.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:33 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Itzmy91Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A. My wife is no where near lazy, she works 2 jobs, one part time, the other full time, and is taking 16 units of school. It's more of a matter that she doesn't have time/knowledge to do it. And i do not have the time to do it since i work 2 jobs as well and am taking 17 units in school.

B. It's nice to have hookups and know the registration laws here in cali. 1000 for the car (shipped. hookup from a friend of mine). It has to have the stock US engine in it (basically civic ex/dx which she has a 95 civic in the garage right now), with all smog equipment hooked up and working. It has to pass through BAR and REF. All in all, she would be looking $2500 tops for the car registered. </TD></TR></TABLE>
A.) I didn't call her lazy. Those were guesses at why she might not want to do the conversion. I know I would have a professional do a RHD conversion for me if I wanted one. I wouldn't do it at home because I don't need a car that broken apart in my garage taking up space.

B.) I don't believe that price for a second. $1000 for shipping, $2500 for the car to be legal... then you have to add in the cost of the car, the swap and the possible labor. No thanks. I'll stick with a US model instead of a JDM model just so I could say it's RHD.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:38 PM

i honestly don't care if you believe my prices. the person i'm getting it from lived in my house for 3 years without paying rent or any bills. he owes me. yes he will be taking a loss but i took a loss when he was living under my roof. the swap will be coming out of her civic to get past bar and ref then it will be going back in her ex and replaced with something else.

either way no matter what i say you will not believe a word i say until i show you reciepts, and even then you still wont believe me. i know my source is legit and i know what she would be looking at (if she does decide to do it).

Thanks for your helpful information. I do appreciate it.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Itzmy91Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

she likes cars that are different. and there are no rhd cars where i live but she doesn't want to go through doing the rhd conversion</TD></TR></TABLE>

My boss's brother has a early 90's Honda NSX (JDM).

We went to McDonalds with it to see how much of a pain in the dick it is to order/go through bank drivethroughs, etc.

Getting out and walking around to order blows, I'm not gonna lie.

******* JDM fanboys - and the sad part is it's not even your wife that wants the RHD civic...

PS: I think there was a JDM model from '92-'95, like a VTI or VXI or some bullshit like that - '92-'95 trim, in a hatchback...

EDIT: I'm not sure about that last part (I'm sure about the fact that you're a ricer fan boy, not sure about the "PS") - I don't study JDM bullshit like that.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Itzmy91Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i honestly don't care if you believe my prices. the person i'm getting it from lived in my house for 3 years without paying rent or any bills. he owes me. yes he will be taking a loss but i took a loss when he was living under my roof. the swap will be coming out of her civic to get past bar and ref then it will be going back in her ex and replaced with something else.

either way no matter what i say you will not believe a word i say until i show you reciepts, and even then you still wont believe me. i know my source is legit and i know what she would be looking at (if she does decide to do it).

Thanks for your helpful information. I do appreciate it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

All in all man, Theres honestly no point in a RHD car unless its going to be "Show style" but then again, thats just how I see it. I honestly dont see why you'd want to drive a RHD car, its only more of a reason for it to get stolen, esp. since you live in Cali... But what NOFX stated at the first post is correct.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:01 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Itzmy91Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i honestly don't care if you believe my prices. the person i'm getting it from lived in my house for 3 years without paying rent or any bills. he owes me. yes he will be taking a loss but i took a loss when he was living under my roof. the swap will be coming out of her civic to get past bar and ref then it will be going back in her ex and replaced with something else.

Thanks for your helpful information. I do appreciate it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
It's not that I won't believe you... I'll just think it's a waste of money for a RHD DX.

And silly me, before when I said it was probably non-VTEC, it's DEFINITELY non-VTEC. 5th gen Civic chassis codes are based on engines. So all EJ1s have a 1.6L SOHC non-VTEC, including this mad tyte JDM EJ1.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My boss's brother has a early 90's Honda NSX (JDM).

We went to McDonalds with it to see how much of a pain in the dick it is to order/go through bank drivethroughs, etc.

Getting out and walking around to order blows, I'm not gonna lie.

******* JDM fanboys - and the sad part is it's not even your wife that wants the RHD civic...

PS: I think there was a JDM model from '92-'95, like a VTI or VXI or some bullshit like that - '92-'95 trim, in a hatchback...

EDIT: I'm not sure about that last part (I'm sure about the fact that you're a ricer fan boy, not sure about the "PS") - I don't study JDM bullshit like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, the VTi aka SiR.

5th gen JDM Civic models (this is according to the Japanese EPC):

EG3
D13B
Civic 3D EL
Civic 3D EL-X
Civic 3D EL-X2

EG4
D15B
Civic 3D MX
Civic 3D VTi
Civic 3D ETi

EG5
ZC
Civic 3D Si
Civic 3D Si 20th Anniversary

EG6
B16A
Civic 3D SiR
Civic 3D SiR-2

EG7
D13B
Civic Ferio EL

EG8
D15B
Civic Ferio MX
Civic Ferio VTi
Civic Ferio VTi ??????
Civic Ferio ETi

EG9
B16A
Civic Ferio SiR

EH1
ZC
Civic Ferio RTSi
Civic Ferio RTX

EJ1
D16A
Civic Coupe STD

EJ3
ZC
Civic Ferio EXi

Oh, and I don't study "JDM bullshit" in particular either. I just want to know about Honda. All of their markets. I've come to find the JDM market isn't that interesting.