Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

camber kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camber kit ?

i wanna buy some front camber kits but idk what to order ..my ? is does it really matter what brand they are..will some cheap $80 ebays be good or wat ..lmk what u guys think
Old 05-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: camber kit ?

Why do you want them?

Personaly i wouldnt use the ebay parts, they are normaly very low quality compared to others, but sence i should help you theres skunk2, omni power, buddy club and a few others.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98civdx
Why do you want them?

Personaly i wouldnt use the ebay parts, they are normaly very low quality compared to others, but sence i should help you theres skunk2, omni power, buddy club and a few others.
i have a 95eg and i went to sears to get a wheel aligment and seeing my car is dropped he thinks i should get a camber kit for the front to fix the camber... i told him dont u just need to adjust the toe so it wont have positive or negative camber..and if i park my car in the street i can see it has negative camber
Old 05-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Master Detailer

Yes, your correct it will have negative camber because you lowerd it, however, a camber kit isnt required to have even tire wear. How much are you lowerd?
If you are lowerd with positive camber sir you have some major problems lol...

If you want a camber kit get one, i just wanted to make sure your not getting presserd into buying things that are not required. Negative camber isnt such a bad thing, its keeping me from rubbing while go straight.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:20 PM

if you are going to get them then get skunk2
Old 05-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i kno that the front tires are tucked in about 1inch under the fender...what do i have to do to have even tire wear cuz right now my inner tires are bold

Last edited by jdmsir4dr; 05-02-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Master Detailer

Your toe is off, Im tucking more then that and i havent noitced anything unusal, Btw, you may not even be able to adjust camber due to that, you may rub, Tire size?

I tuck 2.5-3 of 65's and only rub at like full luck or half on bumps.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your toe is off, Im tucking more then that and i havent noitced anything unusal, Btw, you may not even be able to adjust camber due to that, you may rub, Tire size?

I tuck 2.5-3 of 65's and only rub at like full luck or half on bumps.

My tires are 205-55-15
Old 05-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Master Detailer

Yea you will most likely rub like a bitch without camber if you already dont.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

buddy club
Old 05-08-2010, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are the blox front camber kit any good
Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civic95eg
are the blox front camber kit any good
i've done some research on camber kits and found buddy club is 1 of the best, they have shortened, reinforced adjustable points that prevent them touching the top of the wheel house if you're on quite a drop.
I ordered a buddy club front kit for my car last week. my ctr is dropped on tein s-tech springs wit koni adjustable shocks. I carried it to a wheel alignment centre and the guy adjusted the toe and so forth but told me i will definitely need a camber kit for the front if i dont want to be buying tires regularly. adjusting the toe does not control the camber, onli how the wheels face forward. I finished my last set of tires in a few months, they wore very badly on the inside becuz of the negative camber from the drop. rear tires won't wear nearly as badly, but the front will becuz of the steering and thats where the power goes 2.
So yes i advise a camber kit, buddy club would be my choice.

wat u can do also to give your tires a little more life is when they start to wear on the inside noticeably to a certain amount, is turn the tires around on both front rims, and then interchange them, meaning, put the left wheel on the right side, and the right wheel on the left side, this will ensure that your tire rotation is still facing forward.
hope this helps
Old 05-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Master Detailer

Rotate tires every oil change if runig a lot of camber.

When you wore threw your old tires was the car aligned? If no then that is why, toe kills tires very very fast, camber simply does not.

I have been runing over -3 degrees for around a year and my tires hardly show any wear front or rear.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my car was aligned for the first set of tires as well after the drop. i always align for new tires. it all depends on your driving style, if u jus drive around town, to work and so on, not really any hard driving then u won't have probs and your tires would last a while even wit negative camber. I race every weekend, so the negative camber really gives a shorter life in this case. remember, when the car is dropped, the wheel is leaning more to the inside with the negative camber, this puts more force on the inside of the tire than the outside, thus causing excessive wear. with a camber kit, the adjustable upper control arm can put the wheel back to its correct factory alignment, which is more straight, than tucked inwards, so this will definitely stop the excessive wear on the insides of the tire.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

to back up my statements this is a link that explains camber.
It states that negative camber will cause premature wear on the inside of the tires.

http://autorepair.about.com/od/gloss...def_camber.htm
Old 05-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Master Detailer

Im am fully awear of what lowering a car and negative camber does.
If your racing your car, then i wouldnt have a problem reccomeneding a camber kit, but for a street car negative camber wont really hurt them to much, that is the reason why there is a tread about not needing camber kits at all.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Master Detailer

And this is to support what i am saying
https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/no-you-do-not-need-camber-kits-2614449/
Old 05-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump
Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And this is to support what i am saying
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2614449
what u posted is ONE person's OPINION of camber kits and not facts.

i can say quite the opposite from my own personal experience. My car is aligned as soon as new tires are installed, they adjust the toe to stock specs and i still get wear on the inside of my tires (front mainly), my car is dropped about 2" from the stock CTR suspension.
some of my friends' cars are dropped, with camber kit installed and their tire wear issues are significantly reduced compared to mine, we all race occasionally, similar driving distances every day, and they have their tires for goin over a year now. As is said, i ordered Buddy Club P1's for my car (which eliminate all the cons in the thread you posted) and i will install them as soon as i receive them and carry the car to align. then i can say that i have witnessed the benefits of camber kits for myself. when you use camber kits you dont have to carry them back to '0 camber' as said in the thread you posted. You jus ask the aligners to carry the car back to stock specs, which varies on the car itself, my civic type r for example, will have more negative camber on stock specs than a regular 1500cc civic from factory, because the civic type r already comes slightly dropped from factory on an upgraded suspension. wheel alignment centres have this specific information on all cars in a database.

The point that everyone will agree with, is that when your car is dropped, the wheels automatically get negative camber, the wheels are cocked inwards and this puts more force/pressure on the inside of the tires. this is wat causes the excessive wear on the inside of the tires even after correcting the toe at an alignment centre.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Master Detailer

Again I AM TALKING STREET DRIVIEN ONLY! NOT CARS THAT ARE RACED, also that thread has much more then one persons opinon on camber kits. He isnt the only one to say it, nor am i. he suspension thread is full of stupid as threads such as this one, with people like yourslef who say they are required, which im sorry to say, your incorrect.

When racing your car your putting alot more stress on the tire then me with just driving aound town, this is why your seeing faster wear then myslef and others, period.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Again I AM TALKING STREET DRIVIEN ONLY! NOT CARS THAT ARE RACED, also that thread has much more then one persons opinon on camber kits. He isnt the only one to say it, nor am i. he suspension thread is full of stupid as threads such as this one, with people like yourslef who say they are required, which im sorry to say, your incorrect.

When racing your car your putting alot more stress on the tire then me with just driving aound town, this is why your seeing faster wear then myslef and others, period.
whether cars are raced or not, excessive negative camber only accelerates uneven tire wear. racing only makes the process faster because there is more stress on the tires obviously. but if you're just driving around town everyday with negative camber you will still see its effects over a longer period. again, i only answered the OP question and recommended a good brand. you dont know whether he races his car or not.
who are you to say that i am incorrect in saying that negative camber promotes uneven tire wear and that a camber kit can solve the issue??
Old 05-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Master Detailer

sir, no where did i ever say that negative camber doesnt wear tires, i said it does, I know it does. I am runing plenty of camber, and i have seen first hand what camber can and does do to tires. On a street driven car, you dont need camber kits to have even tire wear and thats the bottom ****ing line.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sir, no where did i ever say that negative camber doesnt wear tires, i said it does, I know it does. I am runing plenty of camber, and i have seen first hand what camber can and does do to tires. On a street driven car, you dont need camber kits to have even tire wear and thats the bottom ****ing line.
so negative camber gives uneven tire wear on a car that races occasionally, but not on a street driven car? if thats what you're saying, then that is ignorance!
if u drive around in a street car with negative camber you will still receive uneven tire wear, regardless of whether it takes a few months or a year to go through tires, you will still get uneven wear, and you will finish tires faster than with less negative camber.
as i said, racing only accelerates the process, but it still happens in a street driven car.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Master Detailer

No thats not what im saying, You said it yourself on a street driven car you will notice camber wear after a long amount of time, not the very quickly you said early.

If you think thats what im saying then you need to re read my posts, because i said im seeing bearly any camber, maybe a mm or 2, after a year. My tires are wearing evenly with the exception of the very tiny spot, where the is camber wear. If camber was such a big deal why do some brand new cars come factory runing negative camber?, its not as big of a deal then you are making it out to be..

Quick Reply: camber kit ?