Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Camber gone bad for some freaking reasons, seriously need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber gone bad for some freaking reasons, seriously need some advice

ok, very short for your brain.

about 16 months ago i got skunk2 coilver and Tokico blue, couple months ago i went for an aligment and the dann dude said my hud/nuckles are bad or bend or watever cant do alignment. And shortly later i went to the junkyard and luckily i found civic 94 coupe ex model which is the same as mine, so i took a pair of nuckles home and installe it and not get aligment yet.

here is the **** that pissed me off. Before i bought the new nuckles my passenger side has a really bad - camber, have no idea how many -degree. After installed a new pairs of nuckles the same **** happens. So i got mad and bought the Omni cambers, the cambers work nice for the dirver side, but the ******* passenger side is still bad, and i didnt' drop my car that much. So, finally solution, skunk2 coil allows me to adjust the highet, and yet i raise the hehigh of the coil, and the camber still bad, however it only get a littlle better...wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff help please
Old 01-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the alignment guy was probably a fucktard and didn't know your car was lowered and hence had negative camber. camber isn't adjustable from the factory so the alignment guy must've assumed that your spindles/hubs were bent.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the alignment guy was probably a fucktard and didn't know your car was lowered and hence had negative camber. camber isn't adjustable from the factory so the alignment guy must've assumed that your spindles/hubs were bent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

think so too, but anyhow. I got a new pair of hud/spindles nuckles in and plus Omni cambers (adjusted all the way to positive side) and my passenger's camber is still pretty damn fock up. i mean, it literally higher than my driver side and it still has a pretty badass negative camber #. Any cause for this? solution to problem? thnx, yee
Old 01-12-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: (GsR-Freak)

Bent upper control arm. Jack the front of your car up and take both wheels off the front. Have a look at the space between the knuckle and the coil spring on both sides and compare. Take pictures if you can... but I have a feeling your passenger side has a lot less space between the spring and the knuckle than the driver's side. LMK.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the alignment guy was probably a fucktard and didn't know your car was lowered and hence had negative camber. camber isn't adjustable from the factory so the alignment guy must've assumed that your spindles/hubs were bent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

BTW... The camber on our civics is not adjustable, therefore if there are bent suspension components causing negative camber, it can't be compensated for... an alignment can't be done. If the car is lowered causing more than +/- 1 degree of camber offset, it can't be adjusted... an alignment can't be done. He was probably not a fucktard.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: (CycloneBlue_1.6EL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CycloneBlue_1.6EL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

BTW... The camber on our civics is not adjustable, therefore if there are bent suspension components causing negative camber, it can't be compensated for... an alignment can't be done. If the car is lowered causing more than +/- 1 degree of camber offset, it can't be adjusted... an alignment can't be done. He was probably not a fucktard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i bought Omni adjustable cambers, and i replaced both hud/nuckles