Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CAI question new to this installin

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Your mommas bed, that might be true too ..., So Cali, USA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI question new to this installin

Ok I'm bout to put on my aem cold air intake and the original hose thats in that valve cover what do i do to that when i put the hose from my intake to vavle cover ? and its connected all other hoses so i dont want anything to spill or what not so would it go somewhere else ?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

chassis/engine/mods./etc.
not nowing any of this,are you talking about the stock line that is attached to the coolant line. valve cover to intake line connected to coolant line that goes from???? to the im, i think. is this what you are talking about. one of the experts on here will tell you in a second if you clarify what you are talkin about and possibly give a pic. good luck.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:20 AM

what the expletive. i dont understand what you saying. if you bought the intake brand new it should come with a hose and a plastic thing to connect the other coolant hose. if not just leave it as is and use the hose and leave the stock one there. its not a big deal
Old 03-05-2006, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CAI question new to this installin (Evolution-93-Ex)

there should be a spot on your intake. it shoudnt drain down and hurt your filter if thats what your wondering?
Old 03-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was under the impression that teh small hose coming from the side of the air intake that goes into the valve cover was the valve breather....which just lets air into the head...the stock hose shouldn't have coolant in it, and it plugs into ur stock intake....so there shouldn't be any extra hoses..
Old 03-05-2006, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was under the impression that teh small hose coming from the side of the air intake that goes into the valve cover was the valve breather....which just lets air into the head...the stock hose shouldn't have coolant in it, and it plugs into ur stock intake....so there shouldn't be any extra hoses..</TD></TR></TABLE>

it does not let air into the head. It lets evacuates pressure from the crankcase.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think this guy is talking about the hose attacted together to the stock valve breather hose.......dude just use a rubber a hose (AEM should have provided one) and just leave the stock hose hanging in the engine bay
Old 03-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackDeLSoL)

I am talking about the stock line thats goes from the stock intake arm to the valve cover, what do i do to line after install my new intake. My new CAI has the rubber hose and yes i would connect that to the valve cover. So what do I do with the OLD line that was originally on valve cover.

PS: I didnt buy it brand new it got the intake and the hose.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there are only two hoses to deal with that i know of. i am lost with what you are talkin about now.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

omg people... ok the hose that he is talking about is the crankcase vent. What you want and should do is take the hose that was provided, and attach it to the valve cover. then point the other end straight down, that way you dont get oil in your intake, and mani. Now you have a hole in your intake, dont worry you can either A) leave it alone, B)get a cap for it. I did option A. as for the stock pipe/hose you can either A) tuck it away and not worry about it, B) replace the metal part with another hose since coolant runs through it. thus elimanating the ugly metal hose..
Old 03-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont worrying about the old hose throw it away
Old 03-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackDeLSoL)

ahh **** even im confused i dont know **** about intakes (i picked it up for cheap thats why i got it) i think sohcvtec1995 has the right idea of what im talking about if the crankcase vent is the spot where the original hose from the stock intake went then yea and i kno its the source of coolant and i rememebed my old friend did some **** with his and coolant was wasted all on his garage floor thats why im askin what do i do with that original hose that was in there since it is connected to other **** not seen. I'll take a pic in the mornin if need be and circle the areas and have someone post them up for me.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Evolution-93-Ex)

i got a few pics of what im taking about, if somebody ups them i will send i dont kno how to post pics up nor do i want to.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok just based off your pics taht you sent me.. just follow my directions. and you will be set..