Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CAI question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI question

I have a really dumb question here. I have a 94 Civic DX and everywhere I turn theres no performance parts for it or they are just a llittle harder to find. My question is what is the difference in the cold air intakes and short rams between the Ex and Dx, to me it looks as if the intake would work on either because the intake manifold is pretty much in the same place in the engine bay. Could someone here please clarify this all for me.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CAI question (meridius)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by meridius &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a really dumb question here. I have a 94 Civic DX and everywhere I turn theres no performance parts for it or they are just a llittle harder to find. My question is what is the difference in the cold air intakes and short rams between the Ex and Dx, to me it looks as if the intake would work on either because the intake manifold is pretty much in the same place in the engine bay. Could someone here please clarify this all for me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

u can find civic performance parts EVERYWHERE at performance shops, kragens, auto zone, pep boys, even here on H-T. Just use the search button. you'll find wat ur looking for. i guarantee it.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An intake is just an intake in terms of the motor being stock. Neither will add a lot of HP.

They will both fit. Just a matter of where your throttle body is. It's still an intake.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:33 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: CAI question (poison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">An intake is just an intake in terms of the motor being stock. Neither will add a lot of HP.

They will both fit. Just a matter of where your throttle body is. It's still an intake. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-26-2004, 03:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">An intake is just an intake in terms of the motor being stock. Neither will add a lot of HP.</TD></TR></TABLE>

who cares, he wants to hear it and its basically the first thing EVERYONE does to their motor.

and yes, the ex cold air and short ram will fit your motor. a cold air is proven to distribute more performance than a short ram but you wont feel a BIG difference. just be careful not to fall in dips full of water as you will hydrolock your motor
Old 05-26-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Re: CAI question (EJcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">An intake is just an intake in terms of the motor being stock. Neither will add a lot of HP.

They will both fit. Just a matter of where your throttle body is. It's still an intake. </TD></TR></TABLE>

u guys really think that intakes give u alot of hp!? lolol
man them things don't give ****. u get better quarter mile times with the stock intake(if i'm wrong someone correct me!). An intake only makes a difference on forced induction cars.
----cai do help a lil in top end---- but its not like a 10hp gain, more like a 1 or 3 on a stock motor. Me personally i think its a waste of money
Old 05-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CAI question (Boostless-Lude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Neither will add a lot of HP.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ummm.. did u even read his post...
Old 05-26-2004, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CAI question (Boostless-Lude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostless-Lude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

u guys really think that intakes give u alot of hp!? lolol
man them things don't give ****. u get better quarter mile times with the stock intake(if i'm wrong someone correct me!). An intake only makes a difference on forced induction cars.
----cai do help a lil in top end---- but its not like a 10hp gain, more like a 1 or 3 on a stock motor. Me personally i think its a waste of money</TD></TR></TABLE>

And you're trying to throw some flame back when you didn't even read what you quoted?

Plus thinking an intake only makes a difference on FI cars?

Someone needs to learn to read and research on what an intake even does.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:36 PM

i read that an intake can make 13whp on an rsx
Old 05-26-2004, 07:06 PM

wow I didnt want to start a debate here all I really wanted to know is if I could use a cold air intake for like an EX with the 1.6 on my DX that only has the 1.5 and isnt a vtec. I just always see stuff like turbos advertised for the EX and Si but nothing ever for the DX, I know its the cheap one and the 1.5 isnt worth any mods but its a daily driver and I dont have the cash for a big swap right now so I wanted to the basic bolt ons like a cai, header and exhaust and maybe some other little things here and there.