Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bwr lcas/subrame?

Old 08-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bwr lcas/subrame?

Are the new lca&subrame from blackworks racing any good..I was looking into buying those parts from them since they have them for a decent prices ...I'm wondering if any of u guy had experience with bwr what's ur opinion on there parts?

Last edited by jdmsir4dr; 08-15-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:47 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: bwr lcas/subrame?

Question #1. No. They aren't.
Question #2. Who cares?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your better off with the stock parts
Old 08-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Question #1. No. They aren't.
Question #2. Who cares?
Indeed, they are junk. ASR is the way to go. I LOVE my function7 brace. Best brace there is, period. Well worth the extra money. Seen plenty of people over the years who have troubles with BWR braces fitting, and torn bushings in the lcas.

And you probably don't need LCAs, you're throwing money down the toilet.

I personally wouldn't touch any BWR product with a 10 foot pole. They seem to be capitalizing on cheap teenie boppers and don't care much about quality.

What size sway bar are you planning on running?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Libertariat
Indeed, they are junk. ASR is the way to go. I LOVE my function7 brace. Best brace there is, period. Well worth the extra money. Seen plenty of people over the years who have troubles with BWR braces fitting, and torn bushings in the lcas.

And you probably don't need LCAs, you're throwing money down the toilet.

I personally wouldn't touch any BWR product with a 10 foot pole. They seem to be capitalizing on cheap teenie boppers and don't care much about quality.

What size sway bar are you planning on running?
so function 7 lcas and either the asr or function 7 brace are the best way to go...
Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Ek Forever y0!

The only two LCAs I would recommend are PIC lcas, and Function7.

However there is no real benefit from aftermarket LCAs, oem last longer and work just as well.

ASR/Function7 are the same for all intents and purpose. The Function7 is more versatile, arguably lighter weight, and a better design. I would think with the special engineering I've noticed it is stiffer than the ASR and functions as a tie brace as well. The precision allen bolts are very nice on the function7 piece.

Again, what swaybar are you running? You may not need a brace at all on an eg. 22mm would be fine on the factory subframe.

Get some Integra OEM lcas, and an OEM 22mm type-r swaybar and endlinks from the dealer. You'll spend maybe $220 and that's all you'll need. You don't need a subframe brace unless you're going 24mm+

Last edited by Libertariat; 08-15-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^

Some people have bushings that are worn out and a new set of blingy LCAs are easier to change out.

Personally i have function&form type 2 LCAs with the updatd bushings and theyre great. Most of the LCAS are basically the same but its the quality of the bushings are what to look for. I had a set of Blox that lasted 5 weeks before they took a ****. Stay away from any company like Blox..BWR included. Alot of these companies are just as bad as Megen Racing
Old 08-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Ek Forever y0!

I think the PIC LCA is an absolute steal at $110:

http://picperformance.com/store/scri...?idproduct=108
Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Libertariat
Get some Integra OEM lcas, and an OEM 22mm GSR swaybar and endlinks from the dealer. You'll spend maybe $220 and that's all you'll need. You don't need a subframe brace unless you're going 24mm+
I thought a OEM GS-R rear swaybar was a 14mm and a ITR was a 22mm? I have heard that your suppose to run a subframe brace on 22mm Swaybars and up?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Originally Posted by EG1PJT
I thought a OEM GS-R rear swaybar was a 14mm and a ITR was a 22mm? I have heard that your suppose to run a subframe brace on 22mm Swaybars and up?
Sorry, you're correct. The USDM type-r bar is just as available from OEM dealers and it is a 22mm.

I'm also under the impression that the weak subframe, for 22mm bars, typically plagues only 6th gen civics. A subframe brace wouldn't be a bad idea at all though.

I'm sure you can get a used ASR brace for cheap.

Or better yet, you could order progress's swaybar kit and it's only $180 and you don't need a subframe brace.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have seen a few pictures and have had a personal experience were a 22mm swaybar tears a piece of the subframe off, so I would suggest getting a subframe brace if your running 22mm and up. This happened on a eg and I have seen pictures of ef's.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am running a 24mm ASR sway bar, ASR brace, and ASR spherical endlinks along with Skunk2 LCAs. I love the set-up.

I originally had Blox/BWR/etc crap LCAs and the bushing were torn within 6 months. Finally got around to replacing the bushings and those, which I was told by Blox were updated and better, and then ended up ripping to pieces within 4 months. I finally ponied up and bought something with a better bushing.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
I am running a 24mm ASR sway bar, ASR brace, and ASR spherical endlinks along with Skunk2 LCAs. I love the set-up.

I originally had Blox/BWR/etc crap LCAs and the bushing were torn within 6 months. Finally got around to replacing the bushings and those, which I was told by Blox were updated and better, and then ended up ripping to pieces within 4 months. I finally ponied up and bought something with a better bushing.
I am running a 22mm itr swaybar, ASR brace, and Blox spherical endlinks with oem LCA's and I to could not be happier with my setup, unless I got a bigger swaybar of course. But OEM LCA's will stay no matter what if anything I'll just change bushings and call it a day. No need for aftermarket LCA's but its all up to the owner.