Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Buyers Beware

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyers Beware

Yeah, I swapped a JDM B16A complete swap into my 1993 Honda Civic from Osaka JDM Motors. The swap was clean and it looked good but about 200 miles after the swap was in, 2nd gear started to grind something terrible every shift, worse than my old D series tranny. My dad overlooked the entire swap and hes an A Tech ASE Certified Mechanic so everything was done absolutely correct. I sprung for the LSD tranny and when I got the swap, the VSS was broken in the tranny but I didn't think anything of it. I called them up numerous times to talk but they were never open, etc., so I never got to speak to them. Once I got a hold of them, I was 2 weeks out of warranty and they refuse to do anything. I don't know what to do, I'm so screwed...
Old 02-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyers Beware (JDM EJ2)

You gotta buy a new tranny.. Try Honda-Tech marketplace and report the company to the BBB.com Try and get ahold of them and tell threaten to report them to the Better Business Bureau if they don't cooperate.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyers Beware (ke98248)

Yeah, I'm a college student and I'm flat *** broke right now. I threatened him by saying I'd post his *** up on Honda-tech then he got all pissed off and defensive and said he'd take "legal action" if I did.

Legal Action FTL
Old 02-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How hard is it to rebuild a tranny? Anyone got a clue?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:04 AM

i agree with ke98248, repor the company to the bbb and then write an email to the company explaining the situation and what they can do about it.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM EJ2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, I'm a college student and I'm flat *** broke right now. I threatened him by saying I'd post his *** up on Honda-tech then he got all pissed off and defensive and said he'd take "legal action" if I did.

Legal Action FTL </TD></TR></TABLE>

pssssssssssssh what could he do? NOTHING! *sigh* u should of gotten it from hmotors
Old 02-21-2008, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Buyers Beware (Ej Girl)

dammn that suck
Old 02-21-2008, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Buyers Beware (bee20_vtec)

yeah just like Ej Girl said,hmotor way better service, but GL
Old 02-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you leave a message when you called prior to you being out of warranty?

Try calmly explaining to him that you tried calling there a few different times while you were still in warranty and nobody answered. Tell them that there's really no legal action they can take if you post up something (like you just did) saying you had a bad buyer's experience.

Tell him that you're not trying to intimidate or threaten him, but that this is not the right way to do business and that he could lose a lot of other potential customers because of this one thing. Tell him that a trans really wouldn't cost him much...offer to meet half way. Tell him you'll pay for the shipping and all that other jazz.

Try to work something out with the guy. Just TALK to him. I can usually get places of business to see it my way by just talking to them for a while.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyers Beware (B serious)

yea i agree with B serious....im sure you guys will work sumthin out....but you shudda got your motor from N1 Concepts
Old 02-21-2008, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Buyers Beware (SuperSonikBluEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperSonikBluEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i agree with B serious....im sure you guys will work sumthin out....but you shudda got your motor from N1 Concepts </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been wondering about N1 concepts. Is their customer service good? How is the condition of the motors they ship out? Their prices are insanely good.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyers Beware (B serious)

Honestly, I tried to talk to the guy, but all he did was give me an attitude and said straight up that he wasn't doing anything. I really do wish I had dealt with HMotors considering I hear nothing but good things from them, but now there is nothing I can do except fight to get a new tranny. We had a few problems with these guys from the beginning such as them sending the wrong ECU, but they weren't big problems. I'm trying to have my mother talk to the guy because she deals with part companies and warehouses all day, everyday because shes the secretary for our family business. I'm kind of hoping she can do a better job than I did with the guy.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oaska Motors is known for being a bunch of shady *******. You get what you pay for, dude. Sorry you're in this bind, but you should've known better before you put your coin in the machine.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyers Beware (Archidictus)

I knew this place was shady, I got the engine from my parents for Christmas and they refused to buy from HMotors because of the price. I'm flipping out right now, I can't take this **** and I'm contemplating on taking a ride up to Canada and kicking Sam's *** at Osaka.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if ur dads a a tech ase mechanic.. get him to rebuild the tranny its not that hard... or u can threaten the company you got the motor. from. bc you wernt able to talk to them till the warrenty was out. seems like u got ripped off sry bud.. just bite the bullet adn rebuild it.. thats my 2 cents
Old 02-21-2008, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Buyers Beware (luvmihatch)

agreed, rebuild the old tranny. no point in buying a replacement one because you never know what you are going to get. since you are going to have to take it out anyway, just open it up and replace the parts. this way you'll know you have a fresh tranny, and it will be a good learning experience.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyers Beware (luvmihatch)

LOL, my dad don't got that love for me. When I did the swap all he would say is, "Yeah, if you leave that like that your going to die.", thats when I knew to fix ****. lol
Old 02-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats just terrible you got shafted on the transmission. i think its only fair you post what happened. saves me my hard earned money when shopping for motors as well as others.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:19 PM

send osaka motors a link to this thread. Tell them you will post on EVERY freaking automotive forum you can find.