Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bumper turning black

Old 06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bumper turning black

searched and didnt find.. i have a high flow cat and im wondering if theres anything i can do to prevent my bumper from turning black. and yes i no i can put an OEM cat back on for all the smartasses that are goin to reply with that answer..
Old 06-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: bumper turning black (jayare05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jayare05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">searched and didnt find.. i have a high flow cat and im wondering if theres anything i can do to prevent my bumper from turning black. and yes i no i can put an OEM cat back on for all the smartasses that are goin to reply with that answer.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Get standalone and get your car tuned so it's not running so pig rich. What mods do you have to your car that taking out the catylitic converter is going to make a dick's worth of difference?
Old 06-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bumper turning black (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Get standalone and get your car tuned so it's not running so pig rich. What mods do you have to your car that taking out the catylitic converter is going to make a dick's worth of difference?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well dick.. it was just a spur of a moment type thing to put a highflow cat on and when i was puttin my header on i said what the hell i wanna see if i noticed a diff in response so thats why i did it..
Old 06-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jayare05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well dick.. it was just a spur of a moment type thing to put a highflow cat on and when i was puttin my header on i said what the hell i wanna see if i noticed a diff in response so thats why i did it.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't excite the animals.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jayare05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well dick..</TD></TR></TABLE>

ssshhhhhhhhh, it's just common sense son and he is just being Archidictus lol

Old 06-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Unceasing Measure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jayare05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well dick.. it was just a spur of a moment type thing to put a highflow cat on and when i was puttin my header on i said what the hell i wanna see if i noticed a diff in response so thats why i did it.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why the hostility? I told you how to solve your problem and I asked you a follow up question. If you want me to gut you like a fish, keep up the bad attitude and I'll show you how much of a dick I can be.

And - another opinion of mine - you should put some kind of OEM catylitic converter back on, both for the gas mileage benefits, the longevity of your oxygen sensor(s), the polution factor and the simple fact that, given your setup, it's probably only giving you 1hp at the wheels, a lot of noise, and a beautiful fart smell.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:48 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: bumper turning black (slowdx9585)

lol sounds like your high flow cat is a straight pipe.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jayare05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">searched and didnt find.. i have a high flow cat and im wondering if theres anything i can do to prevent my bumper from turning black. and yes i no i can put an OEM cat back on for all the smartasses that are goin to reply with that answer.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Putting a high flow cat does make a difference if your running a good header, larger piping (2.25+), and have a high flow exhuast. But putting one in shouldn't make your bumper black. I threw mine on a month ago (it was free) and my bumper isn't black. Sound like your running rich as **** and fixing that would be a better hp upgrade then the high flow cat.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bumper turning black (Bond)

the bumper isnt black.. im just starting to see black stuff underneath my lip.. had it on for a few months now and i just dont want to keep getting the lip repainted thats all
Old 06-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Unceasing Measure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jayare05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the bumper isnt black.. im just starting to see black stuff underneath my lip.. had it on for a few months now and i just dont want to keep getting the lip repainted thats all</TD></TR></TABLE>

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, huh?

Now, is this "cat" a straight pipe with a shell or an actual catylitic converter with a ceramic honecomb that gets rid of unspent fumes?