Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Bumper antenna

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper antenna

okay i saw a antenna a a bumper and been lookin for one for like two weeks and was wondering where i could find one if anyone body know... help me out
Old 02-16-2008, 11:05 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not an antenna. It's a parking pole. It's used to show you where the corner opposite of the driver is for use in parking. They were optional in Asia, where parallel parking is MUCH tighter.

You can occasionally find them on "JDM" parts retailers, or in the Marketplace, right here on Honda-Tech.

The fact that you don't even know what one is and you still want one ... means you're a ricer.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

DGAF it look expletivein tight
Old 02-16-2008, 11:21 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Coolero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coolero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DGAF it look expletivein tight</TD></TR></TABLE>

People like you are why real enthusiasts get **** for wanting functional parts. For every person who is going to use a bumper pole or a rear foglight, there are 100 more that just want it because 'it look ****** tight.'
Old 02-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not an antenna. It's a parking pole. It's used to show you where the corner opposite of the driver is for use in parking. They were optional in Asia, where parallel parking is MUCH tighter.

You can occasionally find them on "JDM" parts retailers, or in the Marketplace, right here on Honda-Tech.

The fact that you don't even know what one is and you still want one ... means you're a ricer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

X2
Old 02-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Coolero)

Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 AM

Default Re: (CapnKrunch)

lol that ***** funny
Old 02-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LwdJdmR)

okay um... no. thats the same as gettin jdm front clips, gettin rims, painting there valve cover, doing wire tucks, changing there light (black housing) its for show you want your car to look clean, and noticable, and that lil guider make the car look hella tight
Old 02-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

california seems scary.

hella scary.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:52 PM

Default Re: (instrument)

Hilarious..
Old 02-16-2008, 09:10 PM

don't understand how a little pole sticking out of a bumper makes the car "hella tight" god i hate 90% of honda owners
Old 02-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">california seems scary.

hella scary.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, don't you hate that "word" if you can call it that.

It's ok though, he's from Chino! Haha, jk man (sorta).

I actually know someone that used the JDM Parking Pole idea and made it a functional radio antenna. Which turned it into something practical for two reasons; parking assistance, and radio reception. I guess it was also, "hella tight".
Old 02-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fitbmx86)

The parking pole is ACTUALLY functional if you install it on the passenger side of the bumper and well...use it. you put it on the furthest front corner away from the driver to help you, well. Park. Wanting it because it "looks cool" is simply asinine.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fitbmx86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">god i hate 90% of honda owners </TD></TR></TABLE>
I've said that for years. So very very true.

-Froth
Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Froth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Froth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The parking pole is ACTUALLY functional if you install it on the passenger side of the bumper and well...use it. you put it on the furthest front corner away from the driver to help you, well. Park. Wanting it because it "looks cool" is simply asinine.

I've said that for years. So very very true.

-Froth</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh my god that's so EPIC!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coolero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay um... no. thats the same as gettin jdm front clips, gettin rims, painting there valve cover, doing wire tucks, changing there light (black housing) its for show you want your car to look clean, and noticable, and that lil guider make the car look hella tight</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny how all the things you mentioned are less rice than what you're doing to your car.

RHD is a waste of money in my opinion - but it's not rice. Same goes for black housings, wire tucks, different valve covers, RIMS (which everybody has), so on and so forth.

RIMS ARE NOT RICE!!

Outside of Kia and Daewoo and some of the smaller less known Mongolian, Singapore, etc. countries I don't know any other company that doesn't make tight rims for their cars.

You can't call rims rice, rice is something a domestic person can call out - I know a lot of domestic loving people - hating as they may be - none of them would call rice on rims man @ U.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CapnKrunch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

That's awesome, I wanna make one of those and when I see a JDM parking poll guy just park next to him and tape that thing in a place where I'm sure he'd see it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not an antenna. It's a parking pole. It's used to show you where the corner opposite of the driver is for use in parking. They were optional in Asia, where parallel parking is MUCH tighter.

The fact that you don't even know what one is and you still want one ... means you're a ricer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree..

100%...

Side note - as you seem kind of new here:
If there's something me and Eran see eye to eye on, that you disagree with - you're most likely in the wrong by a long shot...most likely, anyways.

Judging by the other responses I would have to say the unlikely condition doesn't apply here.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://yhst-1408381693991.stor....html
Old 02-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you could find it on JDMLAND.Com but expect to pay some good amount for it...
Old 02-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TeamECR Prez)

yup, a good $280!!