Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Building an eg or ej

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:45 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 Building an eg or ej

hows it going everyone? Ive been doing Hondas since I was 16 and im 25 now but ive been out of the car scene for about 4 years, i wanna build another honda but since ive been out of the scene i need help. Its gonna be strictly track car, now I dont wanna copy everyone and do a hatch or a coupe, i wanted to do a 4dr. but is that the wisest choice? Now motor, I wanna go back to my roots and do a B18C5 with some internals but need some help with bottom end, top end is gonna be full Toda. I wanna do turbo but with the lag i might lose so i was thinking supercharged, is that the wisest choice? Im going with full Pic suspension, Willwood full big brake kit for front and back, cusco 7 point roll cage, I love recaros but what do u think of other seats? and rims and tires, id love to get everyones opinion, thank u very much!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Building an eg or ej

all that is personal preference, and it all depends on how fast u wanna go. do u have a certain quarter mile time u wanna reach?
Old 12-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Building an eg or ej

Originally Posted by backyard_concepts
all that is personal preference, and it all depends on how fast u wanna go. do u have a certain quarter mile time u wanna reach?
I'm building an EG for the track now, but have owned an EJ before. Like the previous poster said, its all about personal choice. I'd go with the EG though.

Also, as far as Turbo or Supercharged, you need to look up what class you will be driving in and decide from there. If you are entering one that can have both Superchargers and Turbos, I'd go with Turbos. There are plenty of Turbos with quick spools and there are alot more things you can do with them.

Recaros are nice. I'd go with them. Sparco and Bride are also good. As far as Rims and Tires, if your going to do Track, get wide tires for better traction.

I suppose you are doing Road Course, but even if you are doing Drag, I'd still say Turbo.