Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Budget build on a eg with a b18c block with a p72-1 head

Old 05-01-2019, 07:42 PM
Trial User

Default Budget build on a eg with a b18c block with a p72-1 head

So I'm looking to build something that I can daily but still makes at least 300hp. Max budget is 5000 after machine shop Wanna stay away from **** like skunk2 that's only priced to high for the name. I have a gsr s80 tranny that I wanna add lsd to but unsure how to.and also wanna put new gears in I'm hoping to have fast acceleration but still be able to top out at over 130 miles per hour. I am starting off with a bare block that is already been machined and a p72 - 1 93 head.that has not. Im unsure on if I should boost it or not never ran boost be for. Trans I'm doing all the work on but the engine I'm sending in I will install it my self wanting to keep it a obd1 set and want vtec to kick in crazy hard. I also have a pr3-4 b16 head and block po6 ecu and a tuning guy. An advice would be much appreciated this is my frist build so hoping it goes well and I'm hoping to run a traction bar and still install ac when I want it if its possible.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Budget build on a eg with a b18c block with a p72-1 head

300hp in a b will require turbo or a 4piston head and race gas.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:00 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Budget build on a eg with a b18c block with a p72-1 head

My advice is to save more money and read a bunch of threads in the Forced Induction section or change your goals.

Sure, you can probably cut some corners and buy all cheap parts to turbocharge the car and make 300 whp, but it won't be a daily...at least for long. Knock-off parts are a risk - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When your whole setup is built on knock-offs, you've just compounded the chances of **** not going right. Quality parts aren't only expensive just because of the name.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: