Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bubblin'

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bubblin'

well got a 98 ek and it's making bubblin' noises don't know much about motors so just trying to get some thoughts of wat it might be thanx yo
Old 01-17-2007, 01:45 PM

Is your radiator cap tight? How much coolant is in your overflow container located to the left of your radiator? Are you low on coolant? What is your temperature gauge doing?

Give us as much information as you can, and we'll try to help you out.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:27 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

have u recently changed the oil...?

is it gurguling? spell-check

if so u forgot to take off the old oil filter gasket
Old 01-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is your radiator cap tight? How much coolant is in your overflow container located to the left of your radiator? Are you low on coolant? What is your temperature gauge doing?

Give us as much information as you can, and we'll try to help you out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

koo thanx for the ideas i'll check it tomorrow.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tha_badguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have u recently changed the oil...?

is it gurguling? spell-check

if so u forgot to take off the old oil filter gasket</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yea gurguling... bubblin' was the first would that popped into my head and nah i didn't forget to take the gasket off but i'm about to change my oil again so i'll get back to you guys bout it then thanx for the ideas.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yesSiReK)

aite if you guys are still checkin up on this i did everything you guys said and everything is fine everything is tite, all fluids are how they are suppose to be, and the temp meter is normal. everything seems to be fine just that noise, any other ideas? thanx for the help.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power Steering??? Check the level of the fluid, Might be it.

Did you bleed the coolant with the bleed valve to get all of the air out of the head?

Check these out and get back.

Did you say that your PCV valve hose is almost pinched shut. Not good, get a replacement. Also change the PCV valve while you are there.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (thesmogman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thesmogman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Power Steering??? Check the level of the fluid, Might be it.

Did you bleed the coolant with the bleed valve to get all of the air out of the head?

Check these out and get back.

Did you say that your PCV valve hose is almost pinched shut. Not good, get a replacement. Also change the PCV valve while you are there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't know how to do that stuff actually... is there a thread or something like that can help me do it? and it also makes the noise when i'm in third gear going 35 mph or and all the fluids in the car are at the right lvl
Old 01-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yesSiReK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i don't know how to do that stuff actually... is there a thread or something like that can help me do it? and it also makes the noise when i'm in third gear going 35 mph or and all the fluids in the car are at the right lvl</TD></TR></TABLE>

where is this noice coming from??is it coming from the exhaust???like if its spitting bubbles out???
Old 01-19-2007, 12:53 PM

how bout this wheres the noise coming from exactly?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not sure but did you check the level of the power steering while the car is running? While the car is running take the cap off and listen.

The bleed valve is near the upper radiator hose. What I do is get the car warmed up and loosen the valve just a little bit and let the air out. If coolant comes out then you are OK on this part.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (thesmogman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thesmogman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not sure but did you check the level of the power steering while the car is running? While the car is running take the cap off and listen.

The bleed valve is near the upper radiator hose. What I do is get the car warmed up and loosen the valve just a little bit and let the air out. If coolant comes out then you are OK on this part.</TD></TR></TABLE>

air bubbles in the coolin system will not make that noice...they'll make your car overheat...
Old 01-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize you said you don't know much about engines, but I mean..you know where it is, right? Just pop the hood and look under, try to listen to where it's coming from - I doubt it's that hard. Then just find a picture of a civic engine online (or take one) and circle it using a program such as microsoft paint or any other generic painting program.

Or you might know what the piece is and you won't need the picture...either way:

That's by FAR the best way to get to the bottom of this problem out of all the other things suggested.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

I'm thinking it might have something to do with your heater core and the coolant running through it....but as others have said, and exactly what Syndacate stated, take the pics and circle where this noise is comming from. Can you hear it inside and outside? Only one of those two? Multiple areas inside and/or outside? The more detail the better.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

well like i said i can only hear it when i'm driving in third gear going at 35 mph when the car is just sittin there idling you can't hear anything so i can't really check where the noise is coming from but i'll try to see if i can hear anything.