Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bronze windows not jdm?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bronze windows not jdm?

Hi I thought that all eg's in japan whould have bronze windows but my friend is over there who whould send me some says his 93 sir is not bronze. He sent me pics and they are definitly clear like usdm. He has looked at others and he says there all clear. Whats the story I've sean them on ebay as jdm?? Thanks in advance Chad.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: bronze windows not jdm? (highroller54)

bronze windows is like the "jdm hood pop" is sdm. Scam-dm
Old 12-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bronze windows not jdm? (97spooncivic)

care to explain more? Are they edm or something like that? I dont car what the are I just think they look good in a black car
Old 12-26-2005, 09:18 PM

there not really jdm, poeple put them as jdm on ebay to scam people into thinking they are. if you like it just buy it, who cares if it jdm
Old 12-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont care at all, I just wondered what they were origanally from.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:22 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy crap, this JDM **** fad is WAY outta control.

Bronze windows? what the hell are you talking about? are they like "tinted" bronze? That sounds kinda retarded. Any more input anyone?>
Old 12-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bronze windows not jdm? (Redline96LX)

its not jdm... its not amber
Old 12-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let me explain this "bronze" thing as i have sent over tons of these pieces and have two fulls sets in hand.

its not a jdm thing, far as i know and what my cousin has sourced for me. the "bronze" glass, specifically only talking about the 92-95 civic hatch models came on all 92-95 sir and sir II trim levels. i cant speak for any edm models since i have never had anyone there to source glass from there. but i know there are edm glass top crx's that were sold there so i can only assume the edm upper trim hatches also had bronze. but not positively sure.

but as far as japan goes, only 92-95 civic hatchbacks of the sir and sir II trims had the bronze factory tinted glass.

the eg3 eg4 and eg5 trim levels had the "windex" colored tint as we have here in the states.

your friends car could have had his rear tailgate replaced with an sir or sir ii . the only way is to look at your interior which will have tell tail signs of it being eg3, eg4 , eg5 or eg6 models. or the vin plate aswell.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also taking photos of the bronze tint is hard unless you have a nice white background or its taken at an angle.

for example, you tape a piece of white paper to the glass then step back 10-15 feet and take a photo, the bronze will be easier to see.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:39 PM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: bronze windows not jdm? (cxSHOE)

If I take a brown turd can I sell it on eGay and say it's JDM? I am so sick of this JDM fad; I feel it has ruined the scene. JDM has now become the new rice. Anyone who disagrees, how popular has Rota become? I don't care if they are not the originals, they look identical, and hold a tire just like the Spoons or Volks. I just don't get it.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:11 AM

my stock sunroof is bronze
Old 12-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (t0ekn3e)

waste of money if you ask me
Old 12-27-2005, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcVTECeg2)

89 accord sei had bronze tint in the states.

Old 12-27-2005, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crazyxzer0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97spooncivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you like it just buy it, who cares if it jdm</TD></TR></TABLE>

very well said
Old 12-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: (ezza)

Fuuck an a guys why attack this guy for asking a question?

Did he say he was buying the ****?

I think some of you guys are just looking for reasons to go off on people these days...
Old 12-27-2005, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think some of you guys are just looking for reasons to go off on people these days...</TD></TR></TABLE>

your right if you look at some of da replies on some of the previous posts, you can tell that alot of these dudes don't have anything better to do....
Old 12-27-2005, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dewoine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dewoine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your right if you look at some of da replies on some of the previous posts, you can tell that alot of these dudes don't have anything better to do....</TD></TR></TABLE>

or they dont know how to read and dont know how to absorb what it means. sad sad world
Old 12-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (96dxpower)

like I said before I couldn't give a **** if its jdm, I am definitly no ricer(not even a little). I have a black eg hatch with bronze 16" wheels lowered 3inchs and a si front lip. That is it for cosmetics. I just think the bronze windows would look good with the wheels and black paint My friends car is a 93 sir and he races on weekends with other hondas in japan and I am telling you they are not bronze, his or the others I dont know what else to say.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (highroller54)

whoa whoa there buddy calm down. im not accusing you of being a ricer. dont shoot me now. lol. mayb the 'jdm bronze' window is optional. im assuming CXSHOE sells these things so he must know what he's talking about. he did just explained yo
Old 12-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (96dxpower)

o dont get me wrong I'm not upset only explaining myself, He also said that all sir's should have bronze windows but my friends or the others he races with dont have them.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theyre fake. people will label anything jdm now...ha
Old 12-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bronze windows not jdm? (dfoxengr)

could it be just a slight tint that they just dont look bronze to me/him? I realize that its not going to be dark but. I will get him to try the paper trick because cxshoe seams to be the most knowlagable on this subject. If its that light I wont wast my time or money for them
Old 12-27-2005, 08:55 AM

my buddy converted his US spec EK9 to JDM EK9. we have a local importer who crates parts over all the time. he literally replaced every piece on his car to the JDM counterpart. as far as the windows, the rear quarter windows and the rear hatch do have a light bronze tint to them. its only noticeable in certain light and at a certain angle. most of the time it looks like normal glass. hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highroller54 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could it be just a slight tint that they just dont look bronze to me/him? I realize that its not going to be dark but. I will get him to try the paper trick because cxshoe seams to be the most knowlagable on this subject. If its that light I wont wast my time or money for them </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea the tint is kinda hard to see in the sun or a bright room for that matter unless you know what to look for. in the beginning even i couldnt tell the difference. and the glass was not an optional part to get, they only came on the sir or sir ii trim levels. no other models had them. why your friends and others dont have them? i dont know. but like i said i havent seen your friends car's interior (if it was left stock) to know what model it truely is. so it basically just boils down to what you want to pay and if you can deal with one of the pieces of glass breaking down the line, and what you will do to replace it. hence i have two full sets of everything. most wont go this far but i can afford it. so those are some things you should think about before you get the glass.. the windshield is the hardest to get shipped.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sivik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sivik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my buddy converted his US spec EK9 to JDM EK9. we have a local importer who crates parts over all the time. he literally replaced every piece on his car to the JDM counterpart. as far as the windows, the rear quarter windows and the rear hatch do have a light bronze tint to them. its only noticeable in certain light and at a certain angle. most of the time it looks like normal glass. hope this helps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

as far as the ek's go.. all ek9's had charcoal tinted glass on the rear quarters and rear window only.. all other glass was like ours. no bronze at all.

Quick Reply: bronze windows not jdm?