Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Brighter Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brighter Headlights

besides HIDs, what other bulbs can I use to get brighter headlights for my EG? Thanks.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:14 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Brighter Headlights (sole)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sole &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">besides HIDs, what other bulbs can I use to get brighter headlights for my EG? Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Any aftermarket HID look-a-like headlights will be brighter than OEM. A lot of people are fans of Sylvania Silverstar's.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:14 AM

ive had great results from luminics!! do a search to find out where to get them, i think they were like 25 bucks or so shipped with a warranty
Old 03-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spracer03)

I have a set of raybrigs, they aren't cheap but I've had several people ask me whether or not I have an aftermarket HID system in the headlights. I think they are the 5500K solor, but not positive.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
cute little bastard

Default Re: Brighter Headlights (JDM_Ej)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Any aftermarket HID look-a-like headlights will be brighter than OEM. A lot of people are fans of Sylvania Silverstar's.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I remember someone said to get the Osram Silverstars instead. I'm probably gonna buy a pair of ebay and see how that goes

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-egb16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a set of raybrigs, they aren't cheap but I've had several people ask me whether or not I have an aftermarket HID system in the headlights. I think they are the 5500K solor, but not positive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How long do they last?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (broketuner-egb16a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-egb16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a set of raybrigs, they aren't cheap but I've had several people ask me whether or not I have an aftermarket HID system in the headlights. I think they are the 5500K solor, but not positive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had some raybrigs. They last, but their like 60 bucks a pair!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brighter Headlights (SkoundrelUSA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How long do they last?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've had mine in for over a year and a half, still going strong.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rev2Eight_EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rev2Eight_EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had some raybrigs. They last, but their like 60 bucks a pair! </TD></TR></TABLE>

But hey, now you can put mad tyte raybrig decals on your car and you won't be lying
Old 03-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

trust me. go with the ones i have

PIAA h.i.d GT-x 30% more brighter headlights

Every person i drive behind without even mentioning my changed headlights, they always say damn your bulbs look nice as **** in my rear view mirror. look like HID r they? haha

there like 68 bucks on ebay
Old 03-17-2006, 01:20 PM

PIAA!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 01:23 PM
NooB

Default Re: (Mistermark)

go with sylvania silverstars @ autozone $25 a piece.or buy pia bulbs they wont last that long but really bright and almost look like hids.there like $100 PAIR.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ8 DAVID)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ8 DAVID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go with sylvania silverstars @ autozone $25 a piece.or buy pia bulbs they wont last that long but really bright and almost look like hids.there like $100 PAIR.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've heard mixed things about the silverstars. Quite a few people on here are less than satisfied with how they look.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume by your wording that you're looking for improved lighting performance, rather than just a typical coated "HID-look" bulb. My recommendation would be the Philips Vision Plus bulbs, which are available from Autolamps Online. They are essentially the best you'll find in terms of actual performance among stock-wattage bulbs. Stay away from the coated bulbs that emphasize an "HID-look" and sacrifice light output and quality to achieve it.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brighter Headlights (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I assume by your wording that you're looking for improved lighting performance, rather than just a typical coated "HID-look" bulb. My recommendation would be the Philips Vision Plus bulbs, which are available from Autolamps Online. They are essentially the best you'll find in terms of actual performance among stock-wattage bulbs. Stay away from the coated bulbs that emphasize an "HID-look" and sacrifice light output and quality to achieve it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-17-2006, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Brighter Headlights (SovXietday)

good ****!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (central_driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by central_driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Every person i drive behind without even mentioning my changed headlights, they always say damn your bulbs look nice as **** in my rear view mirror. look like HID r they? haha

there like 68 bucks on ebay</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used to get that from friends too when but in reality, the view from inside the car, the output was ***. Nothing beats the awesomeness of hids
Old 03-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rev2Eight_EM1)

hmm interesting about those phillips lights? good output rite? but how is the curb appeal? is it white? blue? or nasty hallogen yellow?
Old 03-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92'si)

sylvania xtravisions
Old 03-17-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Re: (EJ8mike)

Hey what about the “luminics” the yellow bulbs I believe that’s how they are call would they look good on the oem fog lights. Or what brand would be good for the oem foglighs I am planning on getting the oem foglights but there clear but you could change the light bulbs to yellow what brand would be good on this

Old 03-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Mr. Indecisive

Default Re: (kos99ngel)

glass is yellow, but not the bulbs, if u get clear or blue headlight bulbs then they dont match ur oem fogs
Old 03-17-2006, 06:40 PM

No what I am saying is I want it to get the oem clear fog lights but I will buy yellow bulbs?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Mr. Indecisive

Default Re: (kos99ngel)

sorry i said that wrong, the glass is clear, but the bulbs are stock color
Old 03-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I've had osram silverstars a LONG time ago and they were DEFINATELY brighter than sylvania's and most normal 9004 bulbs...

For the civic I had whatever h4h bulbs that shipped in them and they were TERRIBLE... I payed the money for raybrigs and they are FANTASTIC... I've had them for over a year no problem yet.

*EDIT*

Oh you could also try wiring your headlights with a relay so they get direct battery power... this sometimes helps dramatically.

*/EDIT*

Modified by NonovUrbizniz at 5:42 AM 3/18/2006
Old 03-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (central_driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sole &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">besides HIDs, what other bulbs can I use to get brighter headlights for my EG? Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you mean by brighter? Brighter light that lights up the road better than stock bulbs? Or brighter as in when you look at the headlight itself it looks brighter than stock? I'm guessing you want something that lights the road better. Get any 30% more bulb that has no blue coating on it, ie Sylvania Xtravision.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by central_driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">trust me. go with the ones i have

PIAA h.i.d GT-x 30% more brighter headlights

there like 68 bucks on ebay</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've used all the Piaa Super Plasma bulbs on my car (Super Plasma, Super Plasma GT, & Super Plasma GT-X). Piaa Super Plasma GT-X look bright when you look at them in the headlight housing (because the color temperature is higher than stock bulbs), but in reality they have a lower light output than a stock bulb. Stock 9003 bulbs will light up anything in front of the car better than any of the Piaa Super Plasma bulbs.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Brighter Headlights (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

*EDIT*

Oh you could also try wiring your headlights with a relay so they get direct battery power... this sometimes helps dramatically.

*/EDIT*

Modified by NonovUrbizniz at 5:42 AM 3/18/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey how would that work? u done this before can u do a little write up? or yeah plz?????? I would really appreciated

Quick Reply: Brighter Headlights