Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

brembo blanks

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brembo blanks

i want to pick up some brembo blanks cause i wanted to upgrade my braking system without spending too much. but i was wondering is it really an upgrade?

i want better stopping and response but i just want to know if its worth it, if it really makes a difference.

i dont want to slotted or drilled cause i think they are pointless. i just want the oe brake rotor

http://www.importrp.com/produc...age=1

thanks
Old 07-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: brembo blanks (eg4usdm)

Get them along with better brake pads. A lot of people like Hawk and Axxis pads which you can get both from ImportRP.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you really want breaking power definitely go with the brembo blanks, hawk pads, ss brake lines, and performance brake fluid. then you will be able to stop on a dime.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:30 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Simply changing rotors will not improve stopping distances. And you're correct, slotted and drilled are pointless. If you need new rotors, just about any inexpensive blanks will do.

Get yourself a set of grippier tires (the most important part!) and upgraded pads if you want your car to stop better. A system flush with fresh DOT 4 brake fluid is also a good idea.

If you're having major fade problems, you'll probably want to look into a caliper and rotor size upgrade.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brembo blanks (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A system flush with fresh DOT 4 brake fluid is also a good idea.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you know a good place to get some DOT 4 fluid?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:45 PM

yeah no im not noticing any major fading or anything i just occasionally drive my moms 04 accord and it stops alot better then my hatch.

so i figured a small upgrade wouldnt hurt.

tires are expensive and the ones i have on now have good about of tread....
Old 07-22-2005, 01:52 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: brembo blanks (scoby41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scoby41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you know a good place to get some DOT 4 fluid?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Any auto parts store will carry brake fluid that meets or exceeds DOT 4 specifications.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg4usdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah no im not noticing any major fading or anything i just occasionally drive my moms 04 accord and it stops alot better then my hatch. </TD></TR></TABLE>
As much as I'd like to help you, I do have to say that no matter what you do your brakes will never feel like those on the '03+ Accord. Those cars have the most sensitive pedal and grabby brakes that I have ever felt; they're so amazing, I am under the firm belief that God himself designed and build the brake systems for 7th-gen Accords.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can get DOT 4 fluid at motorcycle shops.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

As much as I'd like to help you, I do have to say that no matter what you do your brakes will never feel like those on the '03+ Accord. Those cars have the most sensitive pedal and grabby brakes that I have ever felt; they're so amazing, I am under the firm belief that God himself designed and build the brake systems for 7th-gen Accords. </TD></TR></TABLE>

amen

but.. i would like to still improve them from what they are now

so brembo blanks, new pads (hawk or axxis), and dot 4 fluid (with system flush) wee im excited i havent bought anything new for my car in a while

Old 07-22-2005, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg4usdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so brembo blanks, new pads (hawk or axxis), and dot 4 fluid (with system flush) wee im excited i havent bought anything new for my car in a while

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd recommend you scrap the brembo blank idea and get the cheapest rotors for your car from your local discount parts store. Spend the extra money on some decent pads... I like PBR/Axxiss ultimate pads for the fronts. Flush brake system w/ Valvoline Synpower brake fluid and lastly adjust your rear brake adjuster by taking off the drum and adjusting it so the drum will just slide back on w/o causing you any drag. I just did this to my HB and the brakes are now amazing.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: brembo blanks (kkim)

how do you adjust your drum and stuff? i didnt even know you could do that!!

well i think im going to get some axxis pads because that seems like a reliable brand.

http://www.importrp.com/home.php?cat=37

now i went through the catalog and i couldnt find which ones to get. they are for the front of a 1994 Dx civic hatchback. i didnt find any that specified whether it was for a dx hatchback just for dx or for hatchback. any help is appreciated on this guys thanks.

yeah but i can get the blanks for pretty cheap almost cheaper than oem ones. so... i think im just going to get them anyways.

but i will most definetly flush the system out with that valvoline stuff. but when you adjust the drums do you do it yourself of go somewhere to do it? and how much do you adjust them??

Modified by eg4usdm at 6:30 PM 7/22/2005
Old 07-22-2005, 05:23 PM

pretty easy to adjust the rear drums. you should try it yourself.

put car up on jackstands, remove rear tires. release handbrake. at that point the rear drums should come right off. if not and they are stuck, there are 2 jacking holes that you can use to work the drum off.

once the drum is off, at the top portion of the brakes, there is a star looking adjuster thing that you turn using a flat blade screwdriver to spread the rear shoes wider. you are supposed to have an auto adjust mechanism in there, but most times they end up not working in high mileage cars, so which is why the manual adjustment of the rear shoes is important to do.

turn the star adjuster so you can see the shoes spreading wider and wider. try putting the drum back on ... if it doesn't go, you have spread the shoes too wide and will have to back it off some to get the drum to fit. you want to spread the shoes just wide enough so you can slip the drum back on and still turn it without any binding from the shoes. takes some trial and error, but you'll know when you get it right. I had the adjustment so close that one click of the adjuster would prevent me from putting the drum back on.

with the pads... be sure to get the axxis ULTIMATE pads... everything else axxis makes is garbage.

hope this helps your braking.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: brembo blanks (kkim)

okay thanks my father and i will have to try it out when i order all the stuff.

does it matter when i order those pads whether its for a coupe or sedan or anything? just as long as its for a DX and not abs??? thanks again for your help
Old 07-22-2005, 05:42 PM

just buy from the importrp link that you gave in your original post. they have the pads sorted by make and model. I ordered mine from them online and received the correct pads for my 97 cx hatch. great prices for these pads, too.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brembo blanks

I just put those rotors on mine last weekend along with new brakes. I only got them because some guy bought 2 off the internet but didn't realize it was two sets he was buying. So my brother got them and gave them to me because I have a civic. The guy had a dx so I searched and found that the hx's have the same brakes as cx/dx/lx. So anyways I guess the point of this post is that I'm happy with the rotors and the brakes still need to be broken in but they are stopping pretty good. I bought mine used at some used car dealership and they put new brakes on just before I bought it and I've put 80,000 miles on and I have 147,000 now and this is the first time I've had to do the brakes.