Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

break pads?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Where the shooting range is on the streets of LA, CA.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default break pads?

hey guys i was wondering whats the best front break pads that have low dust im on some brembo rotors not cross drilled though just those lines on it... i have hawk on it right now and im not liking the dust it gives out.. too much.. but can i get some feed back on what to get next, i need to change pads anyways.. but thanks in advance guys!!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: break pads? (mugen mj5)

Well, every pad is going to be dusty during it's break-in period. That's just how it is.

I used to run EBC pads, and after break-in the dust build-up in the wheel was fairly low. I wouldn't go with GreenStuff pads unless you're taking a set of them to an autocross run - they lasted me about a year on the street but my mileage is rather low (>9yrs & just hit 75K). RedStuff worked nice on the street, bite didn't ramp up as fast as the Greens but after a year they still had plenty of life left.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: break pads? (MonkeyBoy668)

i picked some up from kragen a while back. dont remember the name brand but i paid a lil extra for them and they work great. i hardly get any brake dust on my front wheels
Old 04-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought you were talking about those pads people sit on during their BREAKS from work.
brakes btw.
even though you have slotted rotors (not drilled) you will create more brake dust just because they effectively are gouging the pad every time. I cannot remember the name of this pad but they advertised it as a near zero dust pad. Also, if you wanna give it a try Dupont makes a teflon coating for your wheels that repels brake dust.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: break pads? (MonkeyBoy668)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonkeyBoy668 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, every pad is going to be dusty during it's break-in period. That's just how it is.

I used to run EBC pads, and after break-in the dust build-up in the wheel was fairly low. I wouldn't go with GreenStuff pads unless you're taking a set of them to an autocross run - they lasted me about a year on the street but my mileage is rather low (&gt;9yrs & just hit 75K). RedStuff worked nice on the street, bite didn't ramp up as fast as the Greens but after a year they still had plenty of life left.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my pads are not being broken in, they are like about 2 more weeks of use then i need to change them... i was just wonderin what to get next.. i want ones that dont create so much break dust.. i'll keep those EBC pads in mind though. thnks man.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1dumbassscreenname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought you were talking about those pads people sit on during their BREAKS from work.
brakes btw.
even though you have slotted rotors (not drilled) you will create more brake dust just because they effectively are gouging the pad every time. I cannot remember the name of this pad but they advertised it as a near zero dust pad. Also, if you wanna give it a try Dupont makes a teflon coating for your wheels that repels brake dust.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yah i kind of figured that too.. cuz they are slotted.. i notice a whole lot of good breaking, but then notice a whole lot of dust too!! LOL anyways can u try to remeber those pads u where talking about? i relly would like to know..thanks man..
Old 04-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can anyone tell me these low dust break pads or something simalar? I NEED BREAKS!!