Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

braking problem with 96 spec itr suspension !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default braking problem with 96 spec itr suspension !!!!

Just as the topic says. I just recently bought a itr suspension after installing it it seems that the front is braking harder then the rear.im running the stock brake lines so if anyone knows anything about this id really appreciate the help.. thanks in advance
Old 08-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: braking problem with 96 spec itr suspension !!!! (frost_0ne)

try rebleeding the rear. You may still have air in the rear.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think i remembered your post a little while ago about putting this 4x114.3 conversion into your delsol, right??? did your delsol comes with all around disk brakes or discs & drums??? if discs & drums, then did you change the brake proportional valve??? I am pretty sure the stock brake lines have nothing to with it...I have 5lug on my delsol with stock brake lines...still work great...
Old 08-15-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: braking problem with 96 spec itr suspension !!!! (JDM INSPIRED)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM INSPIRED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i remembered your post a little while ago about putting this 4x114.3 conversion into your delsol, right??? did your delsol comes with all around disk brakes or discs & drums??? if discs & drums, then did you change the brake proportional valve??? I am pretty sure the stock brake lines have nothing to with it...I have 5lug on my delsol with stock brake lines...still work great... </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i was the one that posted that up. My del sol came with disc in the front and drum in the rear and no i didnt change the proportional valve would that most likely be my problem?
Old 08-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by frost_0ne &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah i was the one that posted that up. My del sol came with disc in the front and drum in the rear and no i didnt change the proportional valve would that most likely be my problem? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, and what about you brake booster and master cylinder. Are they both still stock?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: braking problem with 96 spec itr suspension !!!! (kaiba)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by frost_0ne &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i was the one that posted that up. My del sol came with disc in the front and drum in the rear and no i didnt change the proportional valve would that most likely be my problem? </TD></TR></TABLE>

that is the problem...because stock delsol with discs & drums comes with a 40/30 brake proportional valve...this would make the front brake harder than the rear...when your change it to all around disc brakes...you also need to change to a 40/40 brake proportional valve in order for your brake to be balance...

if you didnt upgrade your brake booster and master cylinder...then you are not using the full potential of the ITR brake...because stock ITR have a 1" master cylinder but your delsol only come with a 13/16 MC...now you have two choices (1)if you want to upgraded your MC to ITR...you also need to change your BB because ITR master cylinder wont bolt up to your stock BB...but you will need to rebent your brake hard lines in order to fit...(2) if you want to save some money & save some works & just want a better braking power...then go get a MC from a 1991 Civic EX sedan...this MC is 15/16 and would direct bolt on to your stock BB and to your stock brake hard lines...so this is really your choices to call...good luck...
Old 08-17-2005, 02:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM INSPIRED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that is the problem...because stock delsol with discs & drums comes with a 40/30 brake proportional valve...this would make the front brake harder than the rear...when your change it to all around disc brakes...you also need to change to a 40/40 brake proportional valve in order for your brake to be balance...

if you didnt upgrade your brake booster and master cylinder...then you are not using the full potential of the ITR brake...because stock ITR have a 1" master cylinder but your delsol only come with a 13/16 MC...now you have two choices (1)if you want to upgraded your MC to ITR...you also need to change your BB because ITR master cylinder wont bolt up to your stock BB...but you will need to rebent your brake hard lines in order to fit...(2) if you want to save some money & save some works & just want a better braking power...then go get a MC from a 1991 Civic EX sedan...this MC is 15/16 and would direct bolt on to your stock BB and to your stock brake hard lines...so this is really your choices to call...good luck... </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks JDM INSPIRED for all the help
Old 08-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no probelms at all...hopes everything works out for you...good luck...
Old 08-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM INSPIRED - my car is a 2000 Acura 1.6EL, so essentially a USA 2000 Honda Civic EX with ABS. I just bought a full assembly rear disc off a 2000 Civic SiR (same as USA Civic Si but with ABS). My question is, does the 40/30 proportional valve change to 40/40 proportional valve apply to my situation?

I am asking because I know of a Honda Lube Technician taht drive the SAME car as me and he bought an SiR rear disc swap, HOWEVER, he said he did not change the proportioning valve and his car brakes fine? He believes our Acura 1.6EL with rear drums also came with 40/40 proportioning valve - CAN THIS BE TRUE?

From what I have searched, read, gathered, only front AND rear discs have the 40/40 proportioning valve, whereas ALL front disc and rear DRUMS use a 40/30 proportioning valve?

I saw your post and sounds like you know your stuff inside and out and all around. Hope u can help with a definite answer - thus proving my Honda Lube Technician friend wrong?

:D
Old 08-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: braking problem with 96 spec itr suspension !!!! (Type V)

Only Front and Rear All Around disc brakes comes with a 40/40 brake proportional valve...if your car comes with front discs and rear drums then it would comes with a 40/30 bpv...this is applied to all hondas no matter civic or 1.6EL and etc...

if you change your drum brake system to disc brake system...is always better to upgrade your 40/30 to a 40/40 because it would balance the braking power for the fronts and rears...however even you dont change to a 40/40 bpv...you could still able to brakes FINE...because most of the braking power are still on the fronts however this would make your rear disc brakes for no uses...Since the 40/40 bpv are not expensive at all...you could always just get one from a 90-up integras at salvaged yard for around $20...so I really dont see a point not to change it...

if you have any questions...let me know...i try my best to answers them...
Old 08-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM INSPIRED - ur a gem! thanks very much! :D
Old 08-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Type V)

no problems at all...