Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Brakes Locked up, help me please. (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/brakes-locked-up-help-me-please-939921/)

Filliam H. Muffman 07-27-2004 01:13 PM

Brakes Locked up, help me please.

Okay, after I get my car back from eric ( for all of you who know the story) The master cylinder was bad, It wouldn't hold pressure.

I bought a refurbished M/C from autozone yesterday, installed, and bled the brakes. they worked fine ALL yesterday, I drove all over town and they worked fine.

When I got in my car today, the car started fine, brakes worked fine. and i started driving, and slowly the brakes started grabbing harder and harder by themselves. Now the pedal feel rock solid when the car is off.

Bad master cylinder?

poison 07-27-2004 01:15 PM

Re: Brakes Locked up, help me please. (JUN EK9)

When you put the M/C on, did you push the piston on the brake booster at all?

Filliam H. Muffman 07-27-2004 01:38 PM

Re: Brakes Locked up, help me please. (poison)

..nope.

I just went downstairs, and loosened the front hard line on the MC, brake fluid shot out, and i heard the front calipers loosen up.

So it was my MC, but whats wrong with it?

poison 07-27-2004 01:50 PM

does the brake booster piston retract when you push on it?

seems odd.

IVI 07-27-2004 02:51 PM

Re: Brakes Locked up, help me please. (poison)

did you bench bleed the master cylinder before installing it ?

Filliam H. Muffman 07-31-2004 01:45 PM

Re: Brakes Locked up, help me please. (IVI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IVI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you bench bleed the master cylinder before installing it ?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

..no i prefer to have 100% air in my master cylinder.

well anyways, in hopes that my master cylinder was still good, i pulled it off, cleaned it up, and put new brake fluid in. i didnt bleed the lines yet, and the car braked just fine for having air in the lines, i was bleed the lines today when my brakes locked up on me AGAIN. pedal was rock solid.

IVI 07-31-2004 04:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN EK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

..no i prefer to have 100% air in my master cylinder.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

okay. im glad your brakes are fucked up. and i hope they stay that way. sarcastic people like you. look at what the thread is, "brakes locked up, <U></U>help me please."

now i cant seem to understand why i even attempted to try and suggest something to you.

loser.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emthdown.gif

vtec69 07-31-2004 05:16 PM

my friend had a simailar problem with his ford a while back and it turned out that his calipers went and locked up
Just a suggestion

-Brian

ej1 pilot 07-31-2004 06:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IVI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

okay. im glad your brakes are fucked up. and i hope they stay that way. sarcastic people like you. look at what the thread is, "brakes locked up, <U></U>help me please."

now i cant seem to understand why i even attempted to try and suggest something to you.

loser.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emthdown.gif
</TD></TR></TABLE>
i agree that was highly rude he was trying to help you https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emthdown.gif

Turbogixxer 07-31-2004 07:19 PM

Re: Brakes Locked up, help me please. (vtec69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friend had a simailar problem with his ford a while back and it turned out that his calipers went and locked up
Just a suggestion</TD></TR></TABLE>

That or your lines.

Try to be nicer to people that are helping you.

93civicsedan 07-31-2004 08:46 PM

Re: Brakes Locked up, help me please. (turbogixxer)

I just last week fixed this same problem on my car after having upgraded my brakes to gsr ones. At first I replaced both rear calipers since they where the ones locking up and that didnt help. It turned that the problem was that I was using an ABS brake booster and a non-abs brake booster. On ABS boosters the rod is longer than on non-abs. Make sure that the booster and mc combo you are using are either both abs or non-abs. I pretty sure that could be your problem.

Filliam H. Muffman 07-31-2004 08:56 PM

Re: Brakes Locked up, help me please. (93civicsedan)

SORRY SORRY, bad day. Don't get butthurt over sarcasm. its the interweb people.

When I said in my first post "bled the brakes" that included the master cylinder too, sorry i wasnt more clear.

anyways. its not the calipers because they loosen back up when i undo the banjo bolt. I think I might just replace the master cylinder, again. because that seems to be the trouble.

Does anyone know if a bad MC/BB combo could cause this?

Turbogixxer 08-01-2004 05:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN EK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone know if a bad MC/BB combo could cause this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

calipers and lines usually hold pressure, not MC. Check your lines too.

But it is a autozone product, so anything is possible.

wdskuk 08-01-2004 10:00 AM

And why did you ge ta autozone m/c. Why autozone?

SupaFly 08-02-2004 06:24 PM

Make sure the check valve in the line is going the right way...
I had the same iss once I got all my shit together