Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

brakes don't work... gone through bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes don't work... gone through bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed.

ok...i gone through almost 3 bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed my brakes and there's still no pressure in my pedal?

i have no leaks... keep that in mind. why? read below:

i have a master cyclinder off a 91 ex/si (forgot) sedan and a prop valve off an RS teg stock 94 del sol S brakes.

my brakes with the setup in bold worked PERFECTLY fine, i had brakes, a stiff predal feel, EVERYTHING worked normally... UNTiL:

i'm in the middle of swapping a GS-R front brake assembly in. almost done and i go to bleed it... here's my problem: i am going through bottles of break fluid like beer. i bleed it 3 times before i swapped the brakes/calipers and NEVER had this problem. somebody give me some ideas. thanks for the help~!

WITH the car off, there's NO pressure when i pump the pedal. all my bleeder screws are sealed/tight also and i do not see any leaks. my fluid doesn't go anywhere either.

EVEN with the car on, i can spin the rotors by hand when the brake pedal is applied fully.

Modified by the soL that could at 3:52 PM 5/20/2006
Old 05-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brakes don't work... gone through bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed. (the soL that could)

help.... me stop
Old 05-20-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Re: brakes don't work... gone through bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed. (the soL that could)

Check for leaks bro? Sounds liek you might have a leak somewhere... Hardlines are tightly fastened?
Old 05-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brakes don't work... gone through bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed. (spankey167)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spankey167 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Check for leaks bro? Sounds liek you might have a leak somewhere... Hardlines are tightly fastened? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have no leaks... i sprayed brake cleaner on all my lines and checked each and every one of them. i'm not leaking... i put in another bottle and tried to bleed it again but i'm still getting no pressure in my pedal.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How are you bleeding it?
Old 05-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brakes don't work... gone through bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed. (Luserkid)

do you have the right caliper on the left side so the bleeders are on the bottem of the caliper instead of the top? My bet is yes
Old 05-21-2006, 03:33 AM

Default Re: brakes don't work... gone through bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed. (highroller54)

you sure you know how to bleed the brakes? shouldn't have a problem if nothing is leaking... the fluid has to be going somewhere
Old 05-21-2006, 06:31 AM

Default Re: brakes don't work... gone through bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed. (thahuhstunna)

when u finished with the new part, did u beench bleed the booster... u dont have to take it out.. just geta lil hose and run it into ur booster... wait untill it is a steady flow.. then bleed the brakes.... start form the furthest to nearest to the MC... follow the lines from the prob vale..... should work

there are alot fo write up on this subject... just do some searching to find it
Old 05-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brakes don't work... gone through bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed. (JdmLub)

how do you bleed the booster when there is no fluid in it? If your talking about the master why would you need to bench bleed it if all he did was change the front calipers and swap spindles
Old 05-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you people do not understand what i am trying to say... ALL I DID was swap my front spindles/calipers to a GS-R set and know i have no pressure in my pedal at all.

my setup while my brakes were STILL working was the integra prop. valve and the 91 Master cylinder.

i did not do anything except change my calipers basically... they're in working condition because my friend had those on his wrecked car.

i think i busted the master cylinder... not sure though but keep the help comming. thanks.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (the soL that could)

did you check to make sure the bleeders are on the top?