Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Brake upgrade, need a little tech help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake upgrade, need a little tech help

hey, i want to do the rear brake upgrade to my 1997 hx, i am going to pick up everything from password jdm, for like 170 bucks, but it does not come with the e-brake cable and i need a new master cynlinder, does this work
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

i know i need a new cable, which one do i get a intergra 94-00 ebrake cable, and also should i get stainless steel lines as well, i just want to get the things that password does not include and i am not 100% percent sure what they are this is what password includes

Upgrade your rear drum brakes with this 4 x 100 Rear Disc Brake Conversion. The
conversion includes both driver and passenger side trailer arms, rotors, calipers and brake pads. The conversion does not include brake lines or an e-brake cable. Direct bolt on for any EF, EG, EK, DA, or DC chassis.

I have three weeks before they get the upgrade in so have time to locate everything else i need thanks for the help once again guys
Old 01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Brake upgrade, need a little tech help (Historyg)

You do not need a new MC. I would suggest using the 99-00 Si e-brake cables as they are a perfect fit, you can also use 99-00 Si steel braided brake lines as well.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:21 PM

i know i dont need a new one, but i might as well upgrade while i am going it, i have no idea how old the ms on the car is, so, does it make a big difference
Old 01-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Historyg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Historyg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know i dont need a new one, but i might as well upgrade while i am going it, i have no idea how old the ms on the car is, so, does it make a big difference</TD></TR></TABLE>

No the MC will not make a difference, it is not needed for rear disc brakes. However, if you upgrade your front brakes then an upgrade would be feasable.

P.S. If you need steel braided brake lines, I have some Goodridge brake lines for sale.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:02 PM

ok sorry to get this thing going again, i thank el Vap133 for all the help, and how nice he is, but, for some reason i want to get the master cylinder from a integra even thou i do not need it, but i really want a stiff petal, and i am going to be getting the stainless steal brake lines, i know that helps, but will the master cylinder help and the dis block with the stiffness, well thanks again
Old 01-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Historyg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Historyg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok sorry to get this thing going again, i thank el Vap133 for all the help, and how nice he is, but, for some reason i want to get the master cylinder from a integra even thou i do not need it, but i really want a stiff petal, and i am going to be getting the stainless steal brake lines, i know that helps, but will the master cylinder help and the dis block with the stiffness, well thanks again </TD></TR></TABLE>

A larger master cylinder with the same sized caliper pistons will require more effort from your foot to apply a given amount of brake pressure. So you will have a stiffer pedal.

A stiffer pedal is not everything. Think of how stiff the pedal is when you pump the brakes and the car is off. The pedal is super stiff, but the brakes are hard to apply. Different principle, but same effect. I dont know how big of a difference the integra MC will make with stock civic brakes. But you will need more foot effort than before for any given brake pressure.

The steel brake likes do give you a more solid feel.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:54 AM

oh well fudge it i will keep the stock mc then i just get the steal lines, see how that turns out thanks b serious