Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

BRAKE UPGRADE

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRAKE UPGRADE

I AM PUTTING GSR FAT FIVES ON WHAT BIGGER STOCK BRAKES CAN I USE. ANY INFORATION ON BRAKE SIZES WOULD BE HELPFUL THX.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: BRAKE UPGRADE (dearthvadereg)

JUST USE INTEGRA 4X100 SETUP AND GET GOOD ROTORS/PADS. YOU'LL WANT NEW BRAKE LINES AND GOOD FLUID TOO.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: BRAKE UPGRADE (ek forever guy)

DO I NEED TO USE INTEGRA CALIPERS AND MASTER CYLINDER ALSO OR JUST ROTORS AND PADS ETC.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:51 PM

SEE THE RED LINK IN THE RIGHT UPPER HAND CORNER???

CLICK IT!!!!!

OH AND SEE THAT KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD, IT SAYS "CAPS LOCK"

PRESS IT!!!!!!

Thank you.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: BRAKE UPGRADE (bpr0422)

Easy to be hard on here right. nothing good to say don't say anything.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:56 PM

meh, its just this has been covered alot,

and why must you use caps?

STICKY: FAQ Thread: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/642479
How to put X brakes on Y Car: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=152884
Old 01-20-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: BRAKE UPGRADE (bpr0422)

well I had a difficult time finding exact info. Looks like most change to the gsr everything. just wondering if that was absolutely necessary. why exactly does my type face matter to you. reads just the same.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:59 PM

eg stock breaks are good themselves. better pads is all you need.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: BRAKE UPGRADE (platinumx6)

If I even touch my brakes doing 130 on the highway they build so much heat they don't do anything. I need an upgrade. Just trying to do it on a budget right now. I know no one has tested the top end capability of their car i got up to that speed a couple of times and you people are being ridiculous I'm not trying to be an a**hole I've been driving for a long time and I don't go weaving in and out of traffic like an idiot I'm careful. I have had friends die also in car wrecks. When I race I go to my local dragstrip. Please do not scrutinize me for doing something I see done everyday. I apologize for anyone getting the wrong impression of me. And I want to upgrade my brakes because they suck. Stock cx hatch brakes suck. I was simply giving an example. Do not jump to conclusion this is the first post I've put on here and you are giving me a hard time. I thought this was a community of car people that would help me. Thanks alot. how old are you guys 10. I could go out at anytime and find people racing all the time its not something new. guess what I have 0 points on my license and have never wrecked into anyone. HOW MANY CAN SAY THAT HONESTLY. Please don't respond it will just open another can of worms. Once again I apologize for doing nothing wrong. thx.

Modified by dearthvadereg at 7:58 AM 1/21/2007

Modified by dearthvadereg at 8:03 AM 1/21/2007

Modified by dearthvadereg at 8:12 AM 1/21/2007
Old 01-20-2007, 09:04 PM

If your just putting rims on...

what else have you done? brake wise?

a simple brake up grade, is better rotors and pads, with ss braided lines, and some new brake fluid.

German Autobhan Rules
you def shouldn't be doing 130 on the highway... esp in US... the drivers in the US aren't educated in "road manners" and other autobahn rules... such as staying in the fast lane when doing speed limit, and people cutting you off... plus excessive tailgating...

also your license is revoked/suspended if your caught doing 130...
Old 01-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Ek Forever y0!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dearthvadereg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I even touch my brakes doing 130 on the highway they build so much heat they don't do anything. I need an upgrade. Just trying to do it on a budget right now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, your upgrade should be better rotors, better pads, and better fluid holmes.

JESUS!!! Simple divulgence!!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dearthvadereg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I even touch my brakes doing 130 on the highway they build so much heat they don't do anything. I need an upgrade. Just trying to do it on a budget right now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why are you going 130 on the highway? You should read some stories, this kid was joy riding and lost control going 95 ran across the median and hit a car killed a mom dad and a kid. It was his family. Dont be a jackass, i understand you want knew brakes but keep that **** off the street.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:11 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) You call people out for being "hard" .... yet you yourself act like an e-thug.
2) The typeface matters because using Caps Lock is against internet etiquette. It's the real-world equivalent of screaming at the top of your lungs.
3) I think your scum for going 130 on the highway on a regular enough basis to want to upgrade your brakes solely for the purpose of slowing down while street racing.
4) Search. Seriously. This has been covered hundreds of times.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1) You call people out for being "hard" .... yet you yourself act like an e-thug.
2) The typeface matters because using Caps Lock is against internet etiquette. It's the real-world equivalent of screaming at the top of your lungs.
3) I think your scum for going 130 on the highway on a regular enough basis to want to upgrade your brakes solely for the purpose of slowing down while street racing.
4) Search. Seriously. This has been covered hundreds of times.</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1 especialy bolded.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (platinumx6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinumx6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

+1 especialy bolded.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinumx6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

+1 especialy bolded.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinumx6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

+1 especialy bolded.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1) You call people out for being "hard" .... yet you yourself act like an e-thug.
4) Search. Seriously. This has been covered hundreds of times.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No it hasn't!!....it's been covered THOUSANDS of times...

At OP:
A: Talking in straight up caps just makes things a ******* eye sore to read - it's as simple as that, proper punctuation makes things easier to read.

B: I'm 99.9% sure you'll have to use the integra calipers, you can probably use the civic ones but they're not big enough, hence you won't be putting pressure on all of the pad (and they'll wear unevenly and do you no help braking power wise). As for the MC, I dunno, I don't do brakes/running gear.

C: Doing 130 on the road is kind of stupid. I'm not going to try to preach to you like I'm captain golden, I totaled my GSX doing 117 in a 35 mph zone, and I've hit 150+ on I-84 in my Boss's Viper. So I'm no gem either, but I don't do this **** on a regular basis. It's not like I go out there and just floor it to see what speed I can get up to. If you're going to push ur car up to 130mph you shouldn't need brakes, trust me, in a Honda, when coming down from that speed, as soon as you let off the gas MPH will be dropping like a *****.

Also, it's not just the saftey issue, think about it logically, 150+ in a viper...think about how sturdy the struts and springrates are in that car? That car can handle it. The stock Honda springs have WAY too much body roll b/c the springrates are too soft. You're gonna go into a slide that way, the stock Honda suspension sucks.

Now I've put my Honda to the speed limiter (hint hint) at 120-125. It feels like it's about to fall apart - due to the fact that the suspension makes it feel like at any time it could roll or go into a slide. Now ALSO note, that I let off the gas and started to ease on the brakes a bit - when I SAW taillights in the distance (and this was on an interstate). Time and a place for everything, make sure you time it right. And if you hit a deer in a Honda at that speed - ur dead - or at least the car is.

End conclusion:
Larger brakes aren't going to help you at those speeds...well at least not 'teg brakes.

Your best bet when coming down from those speeds is to just let off and let the tranny slow you down, you'd be surprised how fast it'll wind down after that speed - then MAYBE tap the brake (and slow pumps, or you'll over heat the pads b4 you can say cat in the hat). Or I suppose if you're really ambitious you can floor the break pedal and go into a massive slide. You'll lose tire rubber and probably die - but your brakes won't be worn !!

Old 01-22-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

I know all of this thank you. I appreciate all the help last post ever goodbye.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (dearthvadereg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dearthvadereg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know all of this thank you. I appreciate all the help last post ever goodbye.</TD></TR></TABLE>

kbye