Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

brake problem, help it's a emergency

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake problem, help it's a emergency

i post in the wrong forum if you happened to read this twice im sorry,,,,well the problem started when i got my gsr 97 swap in...before the swap my brakes are fine....after the swap my brakes are getting weird....when i step on my brake paddle....of course it will go in but when i let it go..it will go out but slowly, i mean hella slow...sometime it didn't go out all the way and my brake lights are on the whole time on the freeway.....

is this a brake pads worn out sympton...? time to get new brake pads or disc? or both....

are there any others explanations to this sympton...?

thanx everyone
Old 09-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: brake problem, help it's a emergency (yeegsr)

Ok your talking about your peddle right? Like the peddle doesnt go right back up, or does it feel like your brakes are sticking?

Not really sure what to tell you after that other then check the basics like brake fluid and make sure nothing is getting stuck.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:46 PM

For starters, you didnt even take the wheel(s) off yet to check the brakes? Rotors/Drums? Calipers? Did you check master cylinder (see bubbles?) What have you checked? Did you do any brake upgrades/conversions? Need more info! and if you have not checked anything ...

Make sure you do before you get in the car!

Old 09-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yeegsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i post in the wrong forum if you happened to read this twice im sorry,,,,well the problem started when i got my gsr 97 swap in...before the swap my brakes are fine....after the swap my brakes are getting weird....when i step on my brake paddle....of course it will go in but when i let it go..it will go out but slowly, i mean hella slow...sometime it didn't go out all the way and my brake lights are on the whole time on the freeway.....

is this a brake pads worn out sympton...? time to get new brake pads or disc? or both....

are there any others explanations to this sympton...?

thanx everyone</TD></TR></TABLE>

By swap do you mean suspension swap or engine swap?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

could be a leaky/bad vaccuum line, could be low fluid, could be anything
Old 09-14-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Re: brake problem, help it's a emergency (92bubblesi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92bubblesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

By swap do you mean suspension swap or engine swap?</TD></TR></TABLE>

good point, my bad on that..., but by the swap i said ealier, i mean engine swap...suspension remain stock....
Old 09-14-2004, 10:40 PM

Default Re: brake problem, help it's a emergency (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok your talking about your peddle right? Like the peddle doesnt go right back up, or does it feel like your brakes are sticking?

Not really sure what to tell you after that other then check the basics like brake fluid and make sure nothing is getting stuck. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i think it feels like sticking ....no pressure to push it back out.....brake fluid? still have alot....should i do a professional check up on that?....should i change the brake pads and see what going on next?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your getting alot of pressure when you push down right? Like you could stop like normal just not coming back up?

When was the last time you changed your brake pads? If it was resent they might be getting stuck to your disc.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:01 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bleed the system, check everything. it IS possible that the sticking is coming from the master cylinder, the spring in it.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brake problem, help it's a emergency (Redline96LX)

check your vacum line on you brake booster
Old 09-15-2004, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brake problem, help it's a emergency (Quitripin)

I would check anything that could have been damaged by the removal and instalation of the motors. Did you kink any brake lines.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:12 PM

Default Re: brake problem, help it's a emergency (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your getting alot of pressure when you push down right? Like you could stop like normal just not coming back up?
When was the last time you changed your brake pads? If it was resent they might be getting stuck to your disc. </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually i feel lesser pressure when step it down...before engine swap it was normal...and yet for 2yrs i haven't changed disc or pads..yet

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bleed the system, check everything. it IS possible that the sticking is coming from the master cylinder, the spring in it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quitripin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">check your vacum line on you brake booster</TD></TR></TABLE>

will keep this in mind...