Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake problem

okay my front brakes started to make grinding sound after i drop it. I checked to see if it was the brake disc cover was rubbing against the rotors but it wasnt. i jack the car up and spun the wheels by hand and there was the grinding sound. when i drive it there still the noise. when i brake it gets worse and at 10 mph or less it starts to get annoying and effect me braking.

im guessing i need new pads. my second guess is a mess up spindle. any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: brake problem (Built_Fast)

take the wheel off and check the condition of the pads...if theyre fine,, check that everything is hooked up right, calipers etc...
if not check if the brake parts are rubbing agaisnt the insdie of your rims if you have aftermarket ones....
finally theres a little pin on top and bottom of the brake pads that sort of "locks" the pads between the calipers...,,when pads are low or finished they touch the rotor and make that sounds to tell u ur pads are low....as on my car before they were in too deep or could possibly be the wrong one, hence scrapping against your rotor....

this sounds like an easy one to figure out if you just take off your wheel and checkit out....

if its not teh brakes...axles? or rubbing against wheel wells?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Built_Fast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay my front brakes started to make grinding sound after i drop it. I checked to see if it was the brake disc cover was rubbing against the rotors but it wasnt. i jack the car up and spun the wheels by hand and there was the grinding sound. when i drive it there still the noise. when i brake it gets worse and at 10 mph or less it starts to get annoying and effect me braking.

im guessing i need new pads. my second guess is a mess up spindle. any help would be appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>