Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Brake Pad DIY

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pad DIY

Hey, i need to change the pads on my 92cx. Can someone please give me a few step by steps?

Also will the pistons come out when i take out the brake pads? If so how do i put them back in? thanks for the help.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Brake Pad DIY (Rev-Olution)

Yeah, do a search instead of burdening us with your inane questions. A perfect step by step was posted about a week ago. All these ******* noob questions are really starting to **** me off.

You can use "search" and google.com just as well as the rest of us, lazy ****.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:21 PM

i did search, the only one i found was for an accord... is it the same
Old 09-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This link might help. My suggestion would be to go to to your local Pep Boys or similar store, and pick up a Chilton or Haynes manual for your car. They aren't as detailed as a Helms, but they will help you a great deal in working on your car.

Oh and by the way Archidictus, looking back at some of your threads, there are a few that could easily have been answered by a H-T or Google search, so perhaps a little more tolerance is in order.

Modified by Padawan at 6:54 PM 9/20/2003
Old 09-20-2003, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Brake Pad DIY (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Oh and by the way Archidictus, looking back at some of your threads, there are a few that could easily have been answered by a H-T or Google search, so perhaps a little more tolerance is in order.

Modified by Padawan at 6:54 PM 9/20/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>oh **** the future jedi used the force on your *** archidictus. Calm yourself dude, remind yourself that you were once a "noob" yourself. You're only one person bro, sorry to say you are not gonna filter out or scare away all the noobs from asking what they may.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Unceasing Measure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Oh and by the way Archidictus, looking back at some of your threads, there are a few that could easily have been answered by a H-T or Google search, so perhaps a little more tolerance is in order.

Modified by Padawan at 6:54 PM 9/20/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not only am I going to ask for proof, but I'm going to insist that you tell me why it took you more than one try to write that.

I'll be waiting.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: Brake Pad DIY (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not only am I going to ask for proof...</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=257873

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=243170

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=153638

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but I'm going to insist that you tell me why it took you more than one try to write that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I initially replied to the original question, but then went back and researched your old topics after considering the harshness of your reply. Respect and consideration for other members isn't much to ask, and it's what helps keep this board the great place that it is.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Unceasing Measure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=257873</TD></TR></TABLE> = I asked for my brother, hatchy-ownzjo0, hence he takes over the questioning after my initial post.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=243170</TD></TR></TABLE> = My coworker, Rain, bet me lunch that the NSX was a front wheel drive car. I promised him that it was MR and he didn't believe me. I posted to win money, not out of ignorance or laziness.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=153638 </TD></TR></TABLE> = I have no excuse for that one. I think it had something to do with a B20VTEC question my dad asked me and "ebay" wasn't a good enough answer. I think I posted in kills to get quick, brutal responses as per normal. I searched but got nothing on this site.

Note that these aren't "how to" questions. Those are what get me.

I initially replied to the original question, but then went back and researched your old topics after considering the harshness of your reply. Respect and consideration for other members isn't much to ask, and it's what helps keep this board the great place that it is. [/QUOTE]
Old 09-20-2003, 05:04 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: Brake Pad DIY (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> = I asked for my brother, hatchy-ownzjo0, hence he takes over the questioning after my initial post.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright, but you could just as easily searched and read through the numerous existing (even at that point in time) threads pertaining to the 712's.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">= My coworker, Rain, bet me lunch that the NSX was a front wheel drive car. I promised him that it was MR and he didn't believe me. I posted to win money, not out of ignorance or laziness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

In this case, a simple Google search could have definitively answered the question.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">= I have no excuse for that one. I think it had something to do with a B20VTEC question my dad asked me and "ebay" wasn't a good enough answer. I think I posted in kills to get quick, brutal responses as per normal. I searched but got nothing on this site.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fair enough.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Note that these aren't "how to" questions. Those are what get me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK, but it helps to keep in mind that we were all new to the board at one time or another and have varying degrees of mechanical ability and knowledge. In any case, I can't see a need for such an offensive reply. It takes no more effort to answer a question or to civilly suggest a search than to post an unkind response.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rev-Olution &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, i need to change the pads on my 92cx. Can someone please give me a few step by steps?

Also will the pistons come out when i take out the brake pads? If so how do i put them back in? thanks for the help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you got mail,, i just sent you the 92-95 civic helms manual..... that should work..
Old 09-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: Brake Pad DIY (88hf)

oh shut up children...flaming n00bies is fun
Old 09-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: Brake Pad DIY (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh shut up children...flaming n00bies is fun </TD></TR></TABLE>

YAY!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
OK, but it helps to keep in mind that we were all new to the board at one time or another and have varying degrees of mechanical ability and knowledge. In any case, I can't see a need for such an offensive reply. It takes no more effort to answer a question or to civilly suggest a search than to post an unkind response. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. Being a newer member to the board there is sooo much flaming at newer members who ask questions. I'm not complaining, and haven't personally had anyone freak out on me, but I'm just saying why can't we keep this the same imformative board it was designed to be, without the power trips of people that think they know too much. Just my opinions...
Old 09-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brake Pad DIY (btleier)

CRIPPLED FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: Brake Pad DIY (EF9_SiR)

Since this thread has veered way OT anyway...

Great avatar, Jeffrey. I first saw that sign on a trip down to FL, and I forced us to stop on the way back so I could pose for a photo on the side of the highway.