Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

brake help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake help please

i bleed my brakes cuase they were loose but front passenger side and rear driver side brakes didnt blow fluid so does any one know a good way to unclogg them
Old 12-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Trial User

Default Re: brake help please (tcs8ter)

hmmm. are you bleeding it correctly? have someone press the pedal 10 times and hold it on the last one. put a hose on the fluid screw on the caliper and submerge the other end in brake fluid. then open the screw and fluid(or air) should come out. pressure should push fluid or air out... eventually. why is it clogged anyway?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brake help please (ek4shizzle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek4shizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmm. are you bleeding it correctly? have someone press the pedal 10 times and hold it on the last one. put a hose on the fluid screw on the caliper and submerge the other end in brake fluid. then open the screw and fluid(or air) should come out. pressure should push fluid or air out... eventually. why is it clogged anyway?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know it was like that when i bought it
Old 12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: brake help please (tcs8ter)

I just replaced my brakes (calipers, rotors, pads, MC, & lines - they haven't been this firm in over 10 years!) a couple weeks ago and I had to unscrew the nipple a wayyyy farther than I expected before fluid would flow. A couple times I had unscrewed it, pumped the hell out of the brake, and nothing actually flowed out of the caliper because I hadn't unscrewed it far enough.

Assuming you have pressure in the brake system already, you should keep unscrewing it until you actually see a little bit of fluid pop out the nipple and get into the drain line. If you're bleeding the calipers by yourself, I highly recommend those little 1-man brake bleed kits, though the hoses they supply will have to be flared to fit our nipples (I used some needle nose pliers to stretch them out). Remember to place the bottle above the caliper for bleeds.

I suppose if you think there really is a clog in the system, you could isolate where the clog is by disconnecting the lines from the calipers (banjo bolt) at FP/RD and see if you get any fluid drain when pumping the pedal. If nothing comes out, then disconnect the brake lines from the hard lines at FP/RD and repeat. Hopefully your clog isn't in the hard lines, and even if it is, removing all pressure from the caliper side may be make enough of a difference in pressure for your MC to break through. The MC could also just not be pushing fluid down that line, though the only way to really test that would be to disconnect the MC from the car and do a bench bleed - if fluid still doesn't flow through that line, you know the MC is bad.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brake help please (MonkeyBoy668)

thanks ill try that