Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Brake conversion

Old 11-22-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake conversion

Ok.....I have alot to ask. My brother just bought a complete 96 civic type r brake and suspension conversion ( 4x114.3 ) to swap into his del sol (base model). first off i want to know if this conversion will be a simple bolt on process. If not what kind of modifications am i looking at. Also if possible i need to find a place that sells rotors and pads for this conversion. he recently bought a complete set of rotors to find out that they arent the right ones (civic si rotors... cross drilled and slotted). He also is going to need a complete bushing set for the control arms and etc. Any help you guys can give me would be great.

PS. i am no civic expert and im only doing this because my brother is no computer expert so please dont bash me for not searching as i have no clue what to even start searching for.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=811892
Searching is how honda-tech works
Old 11-22-2004, 01:55 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

It depends on what your brother got w/ the swap. Chances are, you will have to get a 1" Master cylinder & brake booster from an integra to offset the larger brake fluid demand of those front calipers. You will have to flare and re bend brake lines to do this, so you may want to have this done afterward at a local perfomance shop. You should also get a 4040 proportioning valve from a 92-95 civic, sol or teg w/ rear discs (non abs). He will also need the E-brake cables from a del sol rear disc model (I don't know if any others are compatible). Make sure he doen't use the EK rear Lower Control Arms, as they are not compatible with Del Sol suspension.

Get new rotors, pads, caliper hardware (springs & sliders). Disasemble the caliper slide pins and clean & relube the pins and holes. Call the guys at FastBrakes.com and ask them about rotors & pads, they'll know. Don't buy cross drilled rotors since they are weaker and tend to crack (I perfer brembo blank rotors).

I'm not sure about bushings, but I'de think regular civic (96-01) ones will work except the rear LCA's (92-95). Don't install the ones in the shock tops. If there the type r shocks, their better than poly. Also don't use Poly's on the rear trailing arms, they will bind your suspension in this location.

Good luck.