Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Brake caliper setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake caliper setup

as u know i have a ej1, and im going for lots of power, dohc vtec, with a good amount of boost typa power, im doing a rear dis swap, and im upgrading rotors and pads to brembo, but i was woundering what kind of caliper should i go with for the front and rear, ITR? Prelude? . . . . . . .
Old 04-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Brake caliper setup (Rash Ej1 SiR)

Well, depends where you get the rear disks and the front knuckles. You can only use ITR calipers with an ITR 5-lug conversion. If you get the front and rear brakes from an Integra, the stock calipers are sufficient enough.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:59 AM

well, if i pick up these rear's then there from an eg si hatch, the ej1 si did not come rear disc
Old 04-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sPoOn calipers!

lol
Old 04-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Brake caliper setup (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, depends where you get the rear disks and the front knuckles. You can only use ITR calipers with an ITR 5-lug conversion. If you get the front and rear brakes from an Integra, the stock calipers are sufficient enough.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wwwwwrrrrrrooonnnnnggggg. Don't spit what you don't know.

Almost ALL calipers bolt up to all knuckles...but rotor to caliper clearances can make the difference. Forever, me and some buddies rolled with Prelude VTEC/ITR front calipers with 4x114.3 Prelude VTEC rotors redrilled to 4x100. All you need to do is machine down about 3-4mm of the caliper mounting bracket so the rotor fits centered in the caliper, and that's it!!

You can also run 4 lug EP Si rear rotors with mounting brackets and a stock GSR/Si caliper to give you the same size as ITR...all for cheap
Old 04-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Brake caliper setup (Evs-One)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evs-One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wwwwwrrrrrrooonnnnnggggg. Don't spit what you don't know.

Almost ALL calipers bolt up to all knuckles...but rotor to caliper clearances can make the difference. Forever, me and some buddies rolled with Prelude VTEC/ITR front calipers with 4x114.3 Prelude VTEC rotors redrilled to 4x100. All you need to do is machine down about 3-4mm of the caliper mounting bracket so the rotor fits centered in the caliper, and that's it!!

You can also run 4 lug EP Si rear rotors with mounting brackets and a stock GSR/Si caliper to give you the same size as ITR...all for cheap</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then how is it that people just don't put Integra calipers on DX knuckles? Too much work?
Old 04-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Brake caliper setup (BlueIntegraBoy)

because the distance of the caliper mounting poiint to the center of the hub is closer on the DX caliper....if this makes sense. The rotor will not fit. The caliper WILL bolt up....but it won't be far enough from the center of the hub to allow space for the rotor