Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bouncy idle only when luke warm? please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bouncy idle only when luke warm? please help

hello....
i have been running no iacv for years with no problems. i have one installed but not connected with the plug. the gentleman who put my b16 turbo setup together said to run without it. ( i later found out that he wanted me to run without it because it doesnt work). i went to get her retuned at church automotive.

church plugged in the iacv that was on the motor and then tuned the car. he said the iacv was bad and was acting crazy. church told me i needed to pick up a new one. i asked if i could just unplug it like how it was and he said yes. well i unplugged it and now it bounces around only when getting warm. when its cold the fitv kicks in and idles fine, once that closes it bounces till it gets to normal op temp and then runs like a champ.

it used to be like this....cold would idle fine due to the fitv, then low idle until normal op. temp. then runs like a champ. now its idles fine cold, bounces, then when normal op. temp is perfect.

the question is what is going on? is it because it was tuned plugged in and now im running without it and the computer was tuned with it installed? should i just go buy a iacv and plug it it...will this fix my problem. any help would be much appreciated.

one more question....if i were to get a new iacv; would i have to get it retuned to idle? or just put her in and adjust with the screw?

thank you thank you thank you for any info.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: bouncy idle only when luke warm? please help

How do I get back to where I was with the idle? Does the ecu need to relearn the idle?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:53 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 00trdtaco
it was tuned plugged in and now im running without it and the computer was tuned with it installed? should i just go buy a iacv and plug it it...will this fix my problem.
This is the answer to your question.
You shouldn't have gotten it tuned with a faulty unit. Chances are that if you were to get a new one you would have to get it re-tuned. You might be able to get away with it but don't count on it.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Have you cleaned and adjusted the FITV?

I assume you have CEL code 14 for the unplugged IACV. Any others?