Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Bought me a Del Sol.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought me a Del Sol.

Hey guys! I never post in here, because to be honest with you, I dont like Honda very much lol. BUT, I did come across a good deal on a Del Sol (i posted about it about 3 weeks ago on here) and I got it. 1997 Del Sol VTEC trim, factory b16a2, new tires, clutch, and everything stock that he took off (factory intake, muffler, radio) 130k miles. Has some dammage as you can see in the pics, but other than that it runs TOP and looks great, nothing wrong with it mechanically that I have seen yet.

I havent got to mess with the dammage yet, but im sure alot of it will come out to look a little better.

Oh yeh, and I only paid 3000 for it.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bought me a Del Sol. (StatixNWH)

Sure looks good dude. An easy clean up, and you'll have yourself a mint looking Sol. Any plans for the future of this Honda that you don't like very much?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bought me a Del Sol. (BlackoutVTi)

Nice looking sol for sure, I want those seats for my EJ8!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bought me a Del Sol. (BlackoutVTi)

hahah I said that wrong. I did like my old S2000 and I like this car too, very fun, but as for MODDING a honda is what I should have said, I dont do. Im getting some tein springs this week, and thats probably about it. Hondas are FWD and im more of a RWD guy who likes drag racing, so to much to put in a Honda to go fast for me. More of a Nissan guy

Im going to use this car as a DD while I finish up my TT300z. The Z is in process of being painted to be sold.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would make fun of you for being a man and owning a sol but **** - the DOHC VTEC trim in a mint condition ext/int (that damage is easy ****) w/ AC for 3k?

Good deal man, if that was me I might even be caught driving it...

Hateful language edited by Padawan
Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StatixNWH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys! I never post in here, because to be honest with you, I dont like Honda very much lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Send it to me. I love Hondas. I love Honda. And I will take great care of the del Sol.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bought me a Del Sol. (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Send it to me. I love Hondas. I love Honda. And I will take great care of the del Sol. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You don't have to like a car too much to own it.

I don't really like Hondas either, but facts are facts, they're common as hell, parts are cheap as hell, they're light as hell, they're weak as hell, the aftermarket for them is higher than any other car sold in the US, which makes aftermarket parts cheap as hell, you can make them fast as hell, for cheap as hell.

Oh, and in stock cond. (and if done right built cond.) they are reliable as hell.

It's not exactly my car of choice (mostly b/c of the amount of them), but I'm not ready to sell mine by a long shot.

PS: In stock form they get great gas mileage too ('cept the SI/ITR due to their race trans) - I mean their gas mileage numbers don't mean **** to my tercel..but I don't gotta be in 2nd gear if the AC is on to climb a hill in my civic . Trade-offs are trade-offs.

And for anybody willing to argue about them not getting great gas mileage when they're built - do take into account by the time you get them fast enough to beat a corvette, they use more fuel than the corvette in the race. Stock though, SOHC gas mileage = win. The rest are good too but the trans's get shorter. Why in the blue **** am I rambling on about gas mileage??
Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bought me a Del Sol. (Syndacate)

all im sayin is Nissan &gt; Honda....by far lmao
Old 11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StatixNWH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all im sayin is Nissan &gt; Honda....by far lmao</TD></TR></TABLE>

In a straight line, yes, in reliability? No. In fuel economy? Nope. In cornering? Definitely not.

I like Nissans more than Hondas, but you use a ****-ton of gas w/ a boosted motor (whether it be an RB25 or an SR20) for not too much HP on a heavy body with suspension designed by satan himself (which is why they suck so much at cornering and rule so much at drifting).

A 350Z is a good drift car out of the factory - that shouldn't happen, chalk it up to the datsun series suspension .
Old 11-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whoa whoa...have you drove a 350z? they handle like a beast. I have a 400whp 300zx, LIGHT mods will get you to 400whp...that easy, granted it is 3400lbs, but still quick as ****..and I wouldnt way honda is more reliable than nissan....they have there models...S2000s are NOT reliable compared to a 350z, so you take the 2 sports cars out of the 2 makes...Nissan comes up on top by far. Gas mileage? older cars yes Honda gets better than Nissan, but they also have more powerful motors.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:17 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't have to like a car too much to own it.

I don't really like Hondas either, but facts are facts, they're common as hell, parts are cheap as hell, they're light as hell, they're weak as hell, the aftermarket for them is higher than any other car sold in the US, which makes aftermarket parts cheap as hell, you can make them fast as hell, for cheap as hell.

Oh, and in stock cond. (and if done right built cond.) they are reliable as hell.

It's not exactly my car of choice (mostly b/c of the amount of them), but I'm not ready to sell mine by a long shot.

PS: In stock form they get great gas mileage too ('cept the SI/ITR due to their race trans) - I mean their gas mileage numbers don't mean **** to my tercel..but I don't gotta be in 2nd gear if the AC is on to climb a hill in my civic . Trade-offs are trade-offs.

And for anybody willing to argue about them not getting great gas mileage when they're built - do take into account by the time you get them fast enough to beat a corvette, they use more fuel than the corvette in the race. Stock though, SOHC gas mileage = win. The rest are good too but the trans's get shorter. Why in the blue **** am I rambling on about gas mileage??</TD></TR></TABLE>
You didn't get the joke.

I do think it's weird when people stay on Honda sites and own Hondas when they seem to hate Hondas though.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont hate hondas by any means...Good cars, just not somthing I would make fast
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StatixNWH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whoa whoa...have you drove a 350z? they handle like a beast. I have a 400whp 300zx, LIGHT mods will get you to 400whp...that easy, granted it is 3400lbs, but still quick as ****..and I wouldnt way honda is more reliable than nissan....they have there models...S2000s are NOT reliable compared to a 350z, so you take the 2 sports cars out of the 2 makes...Nissan comes up on top by far. Gas mileage? older cars yes Honda gets better than Nissan, but they also have more powerful motors. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I've driven a few of them, actually (350Z's), and they all handle like they're twice the size they actually are.

The 300ZX is a joke too, just because of its weight and suspension - 400whp? And have you even broken into the 12's yet?

I don't know enough about the S2K's to say they are or aren't reliable, but I haven't seen either or (the S2K or the 350Z) be very unreliable - I mean neither is that old yet...

What two sports cars, the 240 and the 350? Or the 350 and the 300?

Drop the same $$ into a civic as you would to get your 300zx to or 240 to 400 (including the swap if it's a 240) and the civic will beat it in a straight line..which is where the nissan should come in front. It obviously won't come in front in cornering.

More powerful motors to get the same quarter mile times due to their weight.

I like Nissans better than Hondas too - but call a spade a spade, bro.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It looks beautiful.
I am too jealous.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:25 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StatixNWH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont hate hondas by any means...Good cars, just not somthing I would make fast</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, you don't seem to hate them. I have seen some people who just seem to loathe Hondas. Or maybe that's everything or every car. I don't know.

I used to drive a friend's '03 350Z and it was a blast to drive. Got it to fishtail once. he said I couldn't.

Oh, and I like del Sols so I've been trying for awhile to persuade someone to just lose one to me.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LAWL at you.....300zx isint a joke....yes 400whp Z will be mid to low 12's with good tires....I was comparing the S2k to the 350z in reliability. My s2000 blew up with 35k miles....not ragging, was previous owner who did it. And dump 5k in a 240 vs civic....the 240 will DOMINATE it. A turbod KA with 5k in it is sick ****. You dont hafto swap a Nissan to make em fast.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah, you don't seem to hate them. I have seen some people who just seem to loathe Hondas. Or maybe that's everything or every car. I don't know.

I used to drive a friend's '03 350Z and it was a blast to drive. Got it to fishtail once. he said I couldn't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He said you couldn't get a 350Z to fishtail? I want what he was on.

You didn't get the joke.

I do think it's weird when people stay on Honda sites and own Hondas when they seem to hate Hondas though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure but I think that insinuation is directed at me - I don't hate Hondas, it's just not my sports car of choice.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not sure but I think that insinuation is directed at me - I don't hate Hondas, it's just not my sports car of choice.</TD></TR></TABLE>
No, I didn't say that. My statement was referring to people who do not like Honda or it's enthusiasts, but choose to stay on websites dedicated to Hondas. I've seen this on a number of Honda forums.

Interesting that you're the first person that comes to mind when you read that though.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
* B A N N E D *

Im jealous also, but great looking sol man!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Umm...with 5k in a civic you're gonna have a faster car than a 240 with 5k...u dont have to swap to turbo...it's very realistic to have a built d series running 400hp for 5 grand. You may be able to get the same power out of a 240, yet u still have a weight problem..honestly i like 240's but the civics will get you better times for less cash
Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (jbfw)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbfw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Umm...with 5k in a civic you're gonna have a faster car than a 240 with 5k...u dont have to swap to turbo...it's very realistic to have a built d series running 400hp for 5 grand. You may be able to get the same power out of a 240, yet u still have a weight problem..honestly i like 240's but the civics will get you better times for less cash</TD></TR></TABLE>
It really depends on what you're looking for in a car. Straight lines aren't the only thing that matter.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jbfw)

I wish they made this car RR instead of FF....man, that would be too much fun.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

isnt the del sol a b16a3? not a2.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (prettylew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prettylew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">isnt the del sol a b16a3? not a2.</TD></TR></TABLE>
'94-'95 del Sol VTECs came with the B16A3.

'96-'97 del Sol VTECs came with the B16A2.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

clean
cant believe you picked it up for that cheap

Quick Reply: Bought me a Del Sol.